First visit to Music Savvy Mom? Awesome! Go
HERE quick to get caught up.
(Because I have to shake it up once in a while. We can’t have you getting complacent so early in the game. heh. And because I’m not at BlogHer having a blast, so I need to play a silly game to make myself feel better. Indulge me…sniff, sniff.)
The other day, I got this internet meme on Facebook from Ash…again. I am powerless against these things, I swear to you – I have to stop whatever I’m doing and play along every time. You may have guessed from the title that I’m talking about LYRICS.
No, not the misheard lyrics this time…although that’s a good one, too. The theory here is to shuffle your iTunes and list the top 25 songs…but, only by the first line of the lyrics. (Eliminating of course the songs with the name IN the first line.) Then, ostensibly, your friends will try to guess them…WITHOUT CHEATING. (aka – no Google.)
Trust me when I say this should flush out the competitive ones in our midst. And, from the looks of the analytics on this site, we have WAY more visitors than we have commenters… (ahem.) So, play along, will ya?
I’m shuffling my ENTIRE library – not just the new, cool stuff…the good, the bad and the REALLY embarrassing; the AM Gold, the 70’s Cheese, Holiday music AND the Laurie Berkner – so I’m guessing this will not be difficult. I’ll post the songs in a playlist this weekend.
If you decide to play the game on your own blog, leave a link in the comments so we can come play with you, too.
Ri’s Lyrics Shuffle
Sha la la la la la, my lady…in the sun with your hair undone (omg. how embarassing.)
The lights are on, but you’re not home…your mind is not your own
I walk 47 miles of barbed wire, I use a cobra snake for a necktie
4. I used to rule the world, seas would rise when I gave the word
5. Two feets they come up creepin’ like a black cat do
6. It ain’t easy livin’ like a gypsy, tell you honey how I feel
7. Rumor been spreadin’ round the nice Texas town…
9. Hello, there my old friend…not so long ago it was ’til the end
10. I’ve heard that too much of anything isn’t good…but, I don’t know about that (spoken)
It’s a difficult responsibility that you accept from the number one lawmaker: me.
13. With the money from her accident, she bought herself a mobile home so at least she could get some enjoyment out of being alone.
14. These are the days of the open hand; they may not be the last.
I called you so many times today, and I guess it’s all true what your girlfriends say – that you don’t ever want to see me again, and your brother’s gonna kill me and he’s six feet ten. (I freaking love that line.)
How can people be so heartless…how can people be so cruel?
18. A strong man feels weak in the still heat of the day…nothin’ is black or white, just a hazy gray.
19. Sometimes I don’t know where this dirty road is takin’ me…sometimes I can’t even see the reason why.
In the mornin’ you go gunnin’ for the man who stole your water…and you fire till he is done in, but they catch you at the border.
21. Marmalade’s from Scotland, rugs from Pakistan…Mexico has jumping beans and cars are from Japan.
22. Can’t help my feelings, I’ll go out of my mind.
23. Take me now, baby here as I am…hold me close and try and understand.
A boy is born in hardtime Missisippi surrounded by four walls that ain’t so pretty.
You can run on for a long time…run on for a long time…run on for a long time.
…and five more, with my own rules, because I’m having fun:
26. When I woke up this morning, things were looking bad. Seems like total silence was the only friend I had. A bowl of oatmeal tried to stare me down – and won.
You were the girl that changed my world…you were the girl for me. You lit my fuse…I stand confused. You were the first for me.
Some folks are born made to wave the flag…oh, the red white and blue. And when the band plays Hail to the Chief, oh they point the cannon at you , Lord.
People say I’m crazy…doin’ what I’m doin’. Well they give me all kinds of warnings…to save me from ruin.
Okay, gang – go to it! Guess as many as you can, and I’ll check back later to cross them off.