Inaugural Explanatory Post

Welcome, music-lovin’ Mommy Bloggers!

Let me throw a few questions at you. When is the last time you:

• Found yourself humming or singing kids’ songs when your kids weren’t around?
  • Bought or downloaded a cd for yourself since your kiddos were born?
  • Had any idea who currently has the #1 song in the nation?
  • Discovered a new, unsigned indie band?
  • Gone out to see LIVE MUSIC?
  • Even thought about the kind of music that YOU enjoy?

Yeah. Thought so. Too many of us get so wrapped up in the wants, needs and likes of our families that we forget to take care of ourselves. And, in my world, high on the list of “taking care of myself” includes feeding, soothing, inspiring and entertaining my soul with great music.

Well, I say it has to stop. I mean, really – we can take three minutes in a day to listen to a song we love, and FEEL it. Better yet – take fifteen and lose yourself in a “shuffle”.

By my definition, a “shuffle” is the result of putting a digital music player or library on a random shuffle and enjoying what comes up. They’re best when shared…so, what if this shuffle could make you friends and gain you readers, too? Enter the inspiration for this blog. It’s simple, really:

***Swing by every day. I’ll have five to ten new songs up – either from me, or a “Guest DJ”. Join us for coffee, and spend a minute exploring music that may be new to you. You might revisit an old aural pleasure, or make a new one. While you’re here, be sure to comment…and then go visit one or two of the folks who commented around you. it’ll be like our own little summer of music, encouragement and love. Call it “Blogstock”.

***Grab a button and slap it on your blog. If we’re starting a Network here, then we need to see who’s in it, right? 😉 Spread extra love whenever you see a fellow musophile. Follow us on Twitter and Blip.fm, too.

***Want to be a Guest DJ? Stop now and do a shuffle. Take the top ten songs that come up, copy and paste them into an email to me.. You can comment on each song or the group; write a quick paragraph about your relationship with music; drop a note about a new artist you’ve found – whatever. Be ‘you’.

***Along with the shuffle, send me the link to two of your favorite posts. When you’re featured, the gang will swing on by and check you out. You can never have too many friends, right?

Most of all – have fun wallowing in music again! Re-tap that part of you that sings in the shower, or at the top of your lungs in the car! If you’ve never lost it, then email and share it with the rest of us…because

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ~Berthold
Auerbach

(And besides…you don’t want to be like THIS chick…)

13 Responses to Inaugural Explanatory Post
  1. Cinna
    July 7, 2009 | 5:42 am

Love the first post and you beautiful hawt rockin' mama at the top of the page.
    I'll be reading here often.

Oh, and right now I'm listening to Little Bit of Red by Serena Ryder.

• Bobbi
      April 28, 2016 | 6:23 am

You are so awesome for helping me solve this myestry.

• car insurance
      May 15, 2016 | 9:30 pm

ellaLa Multi Ani! Le doresc fetelor tale multa sanatate si dragoste multa. Fetele tale pot sa fie fericite cu asa parinti echilibrati, ma bucur atat de mult cand aud ca mai sunt si oameni intregi la minte si nu trateaza copii ca pe ceva cool, must have, ca deh asta e trend-ul.Asa frumos le-ai descris pe prichindele.Felicitari.

• auto insurance
      May 20, 2016 | 9:36 am

I’m impressed! You’ve managed the almost impossible.

• car insurance quotes
      June 4, 2016 | 1:28 pm

Me too ;N; I spend hundreds on SNSD albums but then peopel who do not whatsoever get rewarded by constanty getting concerts in LA. Why can’t I, possibly the biggest fan in my country, have SNSD come to my country?

July 8, 2016 | 9:47 am

I don’t actually believe that there has been any bailout at all.Well, not with proper money anyway.The constant swapping and passing around of gold, money and derivatives from sovereign nations, to IMF, to banks, back to the fed and ecb, IMF swappy, bullshit financial system is all a lie.Its all fictitious and will be flushed out like a fox, hounded by the Keiser Hounds of the Financial Vigilante Warriors.

• This is very bad for Colombia and Medellin in particular, especially since this incident involves an American which means it will probably get picked up by global media and seriously damage Medellin’s frail reputation just as it was beginning to start to turn itself around.

• sob sob sob sob.. terharu jugak…nama aku di rangking pertama..!!!TAPI AKU MARAHHH..!!! bubuh laa link blog tuan2 nama blog tuu..!! baru betul2 credit..!! baru nampak kerajinan dan profesional.padan muka hang kena marah ngan aku lagi.. kah kah kah kah..-insan yang menghargai entri ini-.

November 1, 2016 | 6:44 pm

tahniah untuk pasukan Harimau Malaya. kami rakyat Malaysia amat bangga dengan kecemerlangan anda semua serta jurulatih RajagopalVA:F [1.9.22_1171]please wait…VA:F [1.9.22_1171](from 0 votes)

• privatkredit privat kredit vergleich online
      February 9, 2017 | 1:24 pm

bn qecen muayneye qıttım doktor 4 dısımın ceqılıceqını, 3 tane dolgu yapılaaqını ve tel taqılıcaqını söledi bide dişleriimi ras qele ceqemıcenı ve flim çektirmemi istedi sizce dolgu yaptırmalımıyım yada tel taqktırmalımıyım :s

February 28, 2017 | 11:50 am

When you search for a person, you will generally get a list of possible matches. Point your mouse over the person for whom you were looking, and click on their name (underlined) and then you’ll see the details page which includes the zip code, and phone number if available.

2. Devilish Southern Belle
    July 10, 2009 | 11:00 pm

What a great idea! I slapped your badge on my site, added it to my Google reader, and I can't wait to come by every day and see what the Music Savvy Moms are listening to!

Personally, I listen to a lot of metal, punk, and pop-punk but love a bit of everything. Who knows what will come up on my shuffle? (hits shuffle to give you the top three)

1. Every Morning – Sugar Ray
    2. Sunday Bloody Sunday – U2
    3. Don't Stop Believing – Journey

Yep. You can really tell I listen to mostly metal ;P

3. Melisa
    December 26, 2009 | 3:38 pm

Music Savvy Mom needs guest DJs!!! Wanna be one? It's so easy! Check it: http://bit.ly/18Lg1S Pls RT!