Videos for a lazy Sunday

First visit to Music Savvy Mom? Awesome! Go HERE quick to get caught up.

Since Ri, the OG (original gangsta) Music Savvy Mom, is enjoying the hot Texas sun, I thought I’d post videos from a couple of my favorite artists: Bon Jovi and Elvis (hey, I never claimed to be cutting edge). To many, Bon Jovi’s “Hallelujah” will be considered sacrilege, but to me it’s gorgeous. But then Jon is my rockstar fantasy, and if I had a “list,” he’d be on top … um, well, he’d be No. 1. (See what happens when the inmates run the asylum, Ri?!)

I love Elvis – seeing these old performances always makes me smile. And I love the fact that he could say what he needed to say in under 2 minutes. :-) And imagine … if that generation’s parents thought he was vulgar, today’s acts would really curl their hair.

I’m also leaving the OG MSM’s playlist below, in case folks out there don’t like the videos as much as I do. As always, leave a comment, and share a link to your favorite videos. Happy Sunday!

16 Responses to Videos for a lazy Sunday
  1. Tiffani Hill-Patterson
    August 1, 2009 | 9:51 pm

OK, when did Trojan ads start popping up here? I don't remember seeing them before. Did I do something wrong? Greeeeeat.

2. Danya A.
    August 2, 2009 | 5:21 am

My god I love Hallelujah. Poor Leonard Cohen earns zero to no credit for it…. Some people think KATE VOEGELE came up with it. Shtoopid.
    I think I like Bon Jovi's cover best.
    Danke for the videos!
    Oh and I'm listening to Master of Puppets by Metallica.

3. Melisa with one S
    August 2, 2009 | 6:13 am

Love the vids, especially the Elvis one (sorry! haha). I often think about what you said: how his movements were considered vulgar back then and then what that generation thinks about today…but take it one step further: what will we be seeing in 15-20 more years? I shudder to think about it. :)

4. Tiffani Hill-Patterson
    August 2, 2009 | 10:28 am

Danya: Poor Leonard! I should go back and edit him in my post. And Jeff Buckley's version was the first I heard … hauntingly beautiful.

Melisa: I wish I'd lived during the Elvis (early) years … Could you imagine seeing him when he first hit the scene? Swoon.

5. My Life
    August 3, 2009 | 7:54 pm

babies..that's all I have to say

• Kassie
      April 28, 2016 | 9:53 am

Obama is a strong believer in racial employment disimcrination (the worst type of Racial discrimination that exists) under affirmative action as he has stated in his enthusiastic speeches in the recent past, But will Not discuss now. No man of any Race who is a Racist should be President of the United States ! At least the past Presidents that discriminated against White American males under affirmative action where white, I fear a Black President who believed in Racial discrimination against other races to favor his own race, Would not survive long in office.

• car insurance quotes
      May 15, 2016 | 9:21 pm

I can think of no better way to spend my money than watching a movie Courtney Love was the creative force behind. OJ should produce the Nicole Brown biopic next.

July 15, 2016 | 6:31 am

For my little man, he adores the automoblox, so that would have to be first! Followed by the click clack cement truck! For my little lady, the wovenplay tutu is just gorgeous!!!

August 25, 2016 | 6:10 am

Karakas miguxa, essa foi de doer… (nele é klarus), mas bem feito.Ainda bem ki euzinho aki nao trato dessa forma. Bjks e boa noite.

• kreditkarte test 2013
      October 19, 2016 | 11:08 am

hola mañana hare esa receta sabes la ha querido hacer y no ha llegado el dia soy de loja vivo en quito pero las veces q he ido lo que me a facinadi es el repe se que es riquisisisiisisisimmmmmooooo

• seriöse kredite ohne schufa arbeitslose
      October 22, 2016 | 11:40 am

dit :Enchanté Estelle!! Merci beaucoup On aura sans doute l’occasion de se rencontrer Repasses quand tu veux sur le blog, tu peux voir que y’a des news régulièrement, alors à bientôt !Vinc.

October 31, 2016 | 8:55 am

Creo que es una iniciativa muy buena ya que el cine es un campos que necesita apoyo por parte de los ciudadanos y sobre todo por parte de la gente jóven ya que en la época en la que estamos viviendo se está convirtiendo en una actividad de lujo.

• Jul14 Ryan, we “waste our time” on the social activities of others because the others are cramming it down our throats by attempting to force us to change our religious understanding to allow their disregard for our religious understanding to become the norm. We are forced to waste our time on this and other issues to keep our faith as biblical as possible.VA:F [1.9.20_1166](from 3 votes)

December 30, 2016 | 9:28 am

At least to a first approximation, those figures look similar to an analysis I did of the four factors recently (and compared to DeanO’s):FactorDeanOMineShooting40%54%Turnovers25%22%Rebounding20%15%Foul Rate15%10%

6. Devilish Southern Belle
    August 4, 2009 | 9:52 am

Bon Jovi's "Hallelujah" is beautiful, indeed!

I love watching performances from way back when, too. It's always fascinated me what used to be considered vulgar. But then again, some of today's acts tend to curl my hair a bit, too. And that's saying a lot!

7. Devilish Southern Belle
    August 4, 2009 | 9:55 am

Oh, what happened to disqus? It's on some of our posts, and not on this one. Did it break on us?