Down and Dirty Details

Wow – yesterday was interesting, eh?

There I was, all excited because the site finally looked JUST RIGHT…I invited you all over…added one last minute code…and WHAM.

Sidebar colors changed.  Backgrounds disappeared.  I freaked out, and a few hundred of you got to see me with my pants down.  (That’s a metaphor.  It’s technical.)  *Sigh*  Oh, well.  The best laid plans, right?  Proof yet again that much to my dismay, I am NOT, in fact, in charge of the Universe as I often believe.

Thanks for being patient …four hundred visits worth.  That may be small potatoes to some bloggers, but it’s HUGE to me.  HUGE.  I love you guys!!  SO…I thought I should perhaps explain how my screwy brain works to help you more easily navigate around here…especially if I still have a few bugs to work out.

THIS is what your screen should look like today:

MSM-Screenshot1
Now, this is viewed in a Firefox browser.  It appears that an Internet Explorer browser doesn’t want to display my pretty sidebar boxes in blue, but leaves them white.  I have no idea why…eventually I’ll figure it out I guess, but right now I have bigger fish to fry.  If you like the blue – download Firefox. lol

The theme I chose and modified put the Menu Navigation bar WAYYYYYYY up on top.  I know – totally a PITA.  Problem is…I dunno how to get it down to the lower blue bar.  (YET.)  I’ll figure it out eventually, but in the meantime I added “The Venue” box (see below screenshot) for you to click your way around without scrolling ALL the way up every time.

MSM-Screenshot-2

Now, see that handy “New Releases” box?  That scrolling marquee has links in it, folks – takes you STRAIGHT to the page in question.  (If applicable.)  I may actually update this throughout the day as things come up.  I put it there for quick reference  – so you can see if there’s new content on the pages without wasting your time clicking.  You’re welcome!  (Told you I love you.)

(Note that today, I’ve put a little something in memory of Patrick Swayze on the Sweep-Up page…new quote from Bob Marley…Updated Post Day for the Chris Blake Shuffle!)

MSM-Screenshot-3

Fun for today includes the Comment Section.  See the lovely box on the front page here, with CommentLuv working beautifully?  Well, I expected that to appear on EVERY PAGE when I clicked the little “Allow Comments” tab on the Dashboard Screen of each one.  Yeah, notsomuch happening that way.  Grrrrr.  This NEEDS to happen, as we’re a yappy bunch.  I know there HAS to be a way, and because I don’t take ‘no’ for an answer, I will find it…but in the meantime you may just have to post site wide comments on the front page.  Sorry!  I’m working on it, I swear to cheeses.

MSM-Screenshot-4

Now, I would be WHOLLY remiss if I didn’t give a HUGE shout out and heaping loads of praise and thanks to John at HellaSound Running Music for all his help and patience.  Dude, this guy is AWESOME.  You’ll be getting a Shuffle from him soon and will hear all about his company and music of win…but an added benefit for me is that he also happens to be a computer whiz.  OMG, he saved me like Lassie pulling Timmy from a well on more than one occasion in this ordeal – he flat out ROCKS.  You can find his link way down on the bottom of the sidebar, next to the Amazon Free Music Widget.  Yeah, I’d put those MUCH higher up if I knew how.  That’s another project – probably for tomorrow…

So, comments?  Ideas?  Suggestions, or offers to go in and fix these things FOR me?  All gratefully and lovingly accepted.  (I am SO not kidding about that last one.)

Get ready for the Chris Blake Shuffle tomorrow.   Great music + the seventh sexiest man on Twitter + dragons + Stratego = TOTAL WIN!!

15 Responses to Down and Dirty Details
  1. Tiff Hill-Patterson
    September 15, 2009 | 6:58 am

RT @MusicSavvyMom New Post: Down and Dirty Details. (With a big ol’ @hellasound shout out!) http://bit.ly/17cXSL

2. Tiffani
    September 15, 2009 | 10:42 am

I’m liking the squiggly background today. Nice! And I love your recap with screen shots. You are da woman! Or is it da mom? LOL

Gotta run and get set up for interview two on my next article.

Seeya! Loveya!
    .-= Tiffani´s last blog ..Swayze will live on =-.

3. SoundCheckMama
    September 15, 2009 | 1:58 pm

4. Tiff Hill-Patterson
    September 15, 2009 | 1:58 pm

5. Starrlight
    September 15, 2009 | 3:18 pm

Err….on IE at my office I have nada sidebars boxes at all. I will screenprint and send it to ya./
    .-= Starrlight´s last blog ..The Look Mimi I Did It On Time!! Post =-.

6. Starrlight
    September 15, 2009 | 3:19 pm

Found them! They are showing up way under the posts. Screenies coming.
    .-= Starrlight´s last blog ..The Look Mimi I Did It On Time!! Post =-.

7. Ri, The MSM
    September 15, 2009 | 3:42 pm

Yowza! That’s wierd. I have NO idea why that would happen. That’s not normal though, right? Did it do that yesterday?
    .-= Ri, The MSM´s last blog ..Down and Dirty Details =-.

8. Melisa with one s
    September 16, 2009 | 7:06 am

You are an internet goddess and I bow down to you. I think the background looks AWESOME! :) (the whole site, actually!)
    .-= Melisa with one s´s last blog ..An Attitude of Gratitude =-.

9. Janice
    September 16, 2009 | 11:57 am

Nice but not showing up on my page the way you show it.

10. MyLife
    September 16, 2009 | 12:31 pm

Nevermind me. Seems your page is optimized for higher resolutions.
    .-= MyLife´s last blog ..And we arrived…. =-.

September 16, 2009 | 12:43 pm

Wow, is it really? I didn’t do that on purpose…I wonder if I should change something to make it the same for everyone…?

• Clara
      April 28, 2016 | 9:24 am

Have you ever thought about writing an ebook or guest authoring on other sites? I have a blog centered on the same information you discuss and would really like to have you share some strrmes/infooiation. I know my visitors would appreciate your work. If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

June 4, 2016 | 9:18 am

There is a disability carnival as Cara mentioned, and the disability community is much like the antiracism community in its general social-justice background; very feminist friendly IOW. If the current carnival didn’t exist I’d say there’s definitely space for a FWD one.Might not be a bad idea to think about maybe an aggregator (like the fatosphere one) or other general gathering site for feminist bloggers with disabilities.

• car insurance
      June 5, 2016 | 4:05 am

My kids go back to school on August 22nd with my oldest starting college that day!! We will be spending the next couple of weeks enjoying our time with him and shopping for all that he will need. And trying to prepare myself emotionally…

11. MyLife
    September 16, 2009 | 10:34 pm

I don’t know what though. If I reduce the zoom to 95% in IE it shows fine but otherwise the dates and such are off the left side of the screen. FWIW, it’s the same thing on the site you got the format from. It’s probably out of your control.
    .-= MyLife´s last blog ..And we arrived…. =-.