Pssst. It’s me, Ri. I’ve turned the Front Page over to DSB ’cause it’s her Birthday, but I wanted to holler at you first for a sec. Big day today, kiddies, big day! Now you’ll see why I needed the extra room in here:
Not only do we have Birthday Shenanigans for DSB below AND on The Sweep Up…
On The Buzz Today: Artist Spotlight Shuffle with CHRIS BLAKE – including our first GIVEAWAY!
Be sure not to miss anything, now…;)
Hello! I’m Kim from Devilish Southern Belle. And while I don’t plan on doing any crying (even though I AM another year older, sheesh!) I *did* want to thank Ri for letting me post a party playlist over here at her awesome new digs!
It’s not only my birthday, but also the birthday of actress Jennifer Tilly (she may not be a musician, but she IS a gorgeous, ageless creature, and I hope I look even half that good at 51!) and the LEGENDARY B.B. King. On this date in 1968, Jimi Hendrix’s Electric Ladyland was released.
So, here’s how this is going to work: It’s an all-day Girls Night Out. Men folk optional. (Sorry…I don’t know if we have any male readers?). We have plenty of cake and margaritas – or we totally would, if this was an actual physical party! – but I’m not complaining. This cake and these margaritas aren’t going to make us gain twenty pounds or lose our minds and do something stupid!
Without further ado, I brought along some tunes I’m diggin’…….
1. Let’s Go Crazy – Prince. Because really, what is a party without Let’s Go Crazy?
2. Uprising – Muse. Love. Love love love. Love. Mmm-hmmmm.
3. Panic Switch – Silversun Pickups. This band is really growing on me. And I hope to be able to see them at our local festival, the Big Spring Jam.
4. Tippin Stew – Mike Jones vs Green Day. Oh, how I LOVE Skratch ‘n Sniff!
5. Kick, Push – Lupe Fiasco. Every now and then, there will be a hip-hop song that I actually really like, and this is one of them. I’m just about three years behind the rest of the world in discovering it, is all.
6. Voodoo Chile – Jimi Hendrix. My favorite Hendrix song, hands down.
7. Feels So Good – Van Halen I catch a lot of flack for liking “Van Hagar”, but this album was in heavy rotation on my senior trip to Florida back in 1988. And this song just makes me happy!
8. When Love Comes to Town – U2 & B. B. King. In honor of the legend’s birthday. Does it really get any better than U2 AND B.B. King – together?
9. Hang You from the Heavens – The Dead Weather. Because Jack White is amazing. And playlist didn’t have Treat Me Like Your Mother.
10. Notion – Kings of Leon. I love this band more and more every time I hear them. This song is the perfect way to wind down a party, non?
Oh, and since Playlist.com didn’t have the Dead Weather song I wanted, here is some eye candy for you:
You need to watch this vid. Not because it’s so groundbreaking, but because the song rocks and Jack White is HAWT! Trust. And if embedding is disabled, go check the page out here.