Sing it, Nina…

Because I am.  I am feeling GOOD.

I’m feeling like I did when I was a kid and FINALLY got my own room when my older sister moved out.  Oooooh, delicious.  Just LOOK at all this SPACE, people!  I love it.

For those of you who haven’t followed me over from Blogger, I should probably note that today is the first with my self-hosted domain.  Things were going fine there at Blogger – great, in fact – but I realized that I tend to go in twelve different directions at once on any given day…yet, I like to have a system.  A one page blog did NOT allow me a very flexible system.

(Yes, I’m a Virgo.  Why do you ask?)

So, I decided that it would be best for me all concerned if I just got a site.

How hard could it be, right?

Well, back to that Virgo thing.  Control freak.  Wanted to design it myself.

(Didn’t know HTML, CSS or php.)

Two weeks of sleepless nights, three new logos and site layouts…days of avoiding laundry and dishes and lots of swearing under my breath…and we have what you see here. (Still ticked that all the comments didn’t migrate and I have to transfer them BY HAND.  Damn you, Disqus!  *shakes fist at interwebs*)  Not perfect, not quite finished, but MINE.  I hope it will be more functional for the wacky things that I do.  Most importantly…I hope you’ll continue to do them with me.

Five thousand hits in two months (just on word of mouth and my Tweets) must mean that we’ve got something good here.  I SO appreciate all the wonderful support from the super Guest DJs, the die-hard ‘regulars’ and all of the new friends I’ve met on this burgeoning adventure!  Your enthusiasm is what propelled me to make this “big switcheroo”, and I can’t thank you all enough. 😉

I’m not going to belabor it, because I want you to go and look around!  I’ve tried to make the expected uses for each page clear.  I’ve put the scrolling marquee up top of the sidebar – I’ll update that as needed with links to the pages with new content.

And, Guest DJ Shuffles from Bloggers will ALWAYS dominate here on the Front Page.

So, let me know what you think of our new digs in the DC.  (That’s “The Dot Com”.  I totally expect a new show in the Fall TV line up.) Poke around, make sure things work and holler at me if they don’t.

Get comfy again, so we can get on with the MUSIC!!

xoxox

Ri

16 Responses to Sing it, Nina…
  1. Devilish Southern Belle
    September 14, 2009 | 12:45 am

I’m liking it! You’ve outdone yourself; sorry I wasn’t more help. But life has been crazy-busy and I have neglected even my own blog, and I don’t think I’ve read anything on my reader for a week or more!

And I’m sooo jealous…I don’t think I’ve had 5000 hits in all the years I’ve been in business!
    .-= Devilish Southern Belle´s last blog ..Getting excited! =-.

2. Starrlight
    September 14, 2009 | 12:56 am

Oh Ri, you done good!
    .-= Starrlight´s last blog ..The Who What Why I Want Out Of The Dungeon Meme =-.

3. Ri, The MSM
    September 14, 2009 | 2:22 am

Okay…what the hell? The interior of the site is supposed to be WHITE! (I swear, it was working just fine!) Is anyone else getting an all blue/black background?!?
    .-= Ri, The MSM´s last blog ..Sing it, Nina… =-.

4. Lori Parker
    September 14, 2009 | 8:02 am

Ri, the new site is SPECTACULAR! And I’m sure it will continue to be so, and to varying degrees, as you get comfy here in your new home…

Background on comments: yes… it’s blue and black…

• Luigi
      November 26, 2014 | 9:23 am

One does have to wonder.As Billy Beck likes to point out, facts don’t maettr to these people; they just make it all up as they go.I just about threw up at that bit about Vietnam, “Democrats paid the price for events largely outside their control — an escalating war in Vietnam going badly, rowdy anti-war protests and violence in American cities,” as if it weren’t the Hippie-radicals who were taking it all to the streets.Then that bit about it all beind, “Out of their control?” Who the fuck got us into Indo-China in the first God-damned place? Oh, that’s right, wasn’t it JFK?, the holy-boy of the Donks? And if the Donks wanted out of Vietnam so badly, why didn’t they haul the boys home, as is their Constitutional authority, ya know, that bit about waging war being vested solely with Congress?Morons.And what about this bullshit; “Republicans have done all they could to discredit Congress and Democrats have failed to sell their agenda. Moreover, it will take years to fully feel the effects of the health care law and financial regulation,” as if it’s some ad-scheme that needed to have better packaging, like a snazzier soup can label. This protracted death-by-government is something that’s supposed to be comforting? This shit will last ’til the end of my life, here. I want it all to end, and right now, and for the bureaucrats to never get to see the law by which to rule from for even ONE day, much less YEARS.Fuck ’em all.For whatever it’s worth, and while your blood is still at a roiling boil, Mark, check out Fran Porreto’s piece, Wishful Thinking; A Bloodless Revolution.I really wish folks could get their heads straight about this; it’s going to be something nasty, because the Authoritarian Left isn’t about to relinquish anything, certainly not their power, at least not willingly.This party promises to be festive.

• Claris
      March 5, 2015 | 7:19 am

I remember suivnvrig the recession of the early eighties and was just thinking how we made it through.You keep bringing that up and I have no idea what you are talking about because I had it made in the 80’s. I had more than enough frigging money for everything I wanted. I have not seen a single day in my adult life when I did not have some money and plenty of food. Even if I didn’t work for a few months.Helen is a bohemian (it’s spelled with an n, Lisa, not that I give a crap about a misspelling, we all do it), she can tell you all sorts of stories about going through the great depression and what they ate. At times the men took a baked potato to work with them for lunch, that is all, be thankful if you have a baked potato, I would be. Not that it’s a big deal now, I have more frigging food here than I know what to do with. Some of it I brought here 11 years ago. Nothing fancy, just the basics, I’m okay with the basics, they are what I fix most days and Helen raves about them.When I do cook a steak she wants nothing to do with it so I fix her fucking hot dogs. The only thing a fucking hot dog is good for is slow roasting over a campfire to convert it into something you can enjoy eating. Other than that it’s just a fucking hot dog, ha ha ha.

• auto insurance quotes Georgia
      April 1, 2015 | 11:22 am

Thanks for the kind words Dwayne. Digital Crossroads is a beast to read – a ‘nice’ granular accounting of the US regulatory environment that touches on the major technical systems that are regulated – but probably the single best resource on US communications regulation today. I highly recommend it, though to say it’s ‘dry’ would be a massive understatement *grin*

• Ashok
      April 5, 2015 | 8:52 pm

I already knew that war was full of awful aotictries.I have also known for a long time now that proganda is spouted by our newspapers.But this video just reminds me of all that is wrong with Western Democracies and in particular the American one.in all his efforts to point out the flaws of Western Democracies, I hope Mr Pilger has not forgotten that other forms remain so very much worse.From a purely selfish perspective, I’d rather have an American (NATO) presence in Afghanistan providing a focal point for religious extremists than have them spreading the Caliphate to my land. What would happen to him if he tried calling Hamas a ‘gang’ in front of an audience in the Gaza strip? Has he never heard of 9/11?And with the benefit of hindsight, his apparent admiration of Chavez seems more that just a little misplaced now.But yes, he should know propaganda alright, he’s done more that his fair share in spreading it.

5. Melisa with one s
    September 14, 2009 | 9:06 am

I’m getting the blue/black background…it’s nice, but hard to read! Other than that, it’s SPECTACULAR! I love it; you did a great job!

6. Tiffani
    September 14, 2009 | 11:47 am

Awesome job! And, yes, I’m getting the all blue background, making the gray type hard to read.

Otherwise, it looks terrific!!!!
    .-= Tiffani´s last blog ..Who says women hate football? Not this woman! =-.

7. Ri, the MSM
    September 14, 2009 | 12:48 pm

Sorry, gang – just got home from gym/errands. This worked perfectly fine last night, and now it seems to appear different depending on which browser you’re using. GAH.

It’s not the code or the server…I may have to uninstall/reinstall the Theme. (Fingers crossed, because I tweaked it so much it’s COMPLETELY different than the original – if I lose all that, I’m moving to Madagascar and changing my name, I swear.

Thanks for being patient!
    .-= Ri, the MSM´s last blog ..Sing it, Nina… =-.

8. Starrlight
    September 14, 2009 | 1:40 pm

It was white the first time commented and then something changed. Don’t know if that helped. Firefox both times.

9. DiPaola Momma
    September 14, 2009 | 5:20 pm

I’m digging it babe. LOVE all the tabs action, I need me some of THAT! Yup getting bleu (I’m Frechie today) on Nior. I don’t mind though.. I DO sorta miss the funky DJ pic though.
    .-= DiPaola Momma´s last blog ..Make Me Laugh Monday (on hold) =-.

10. Tiffani
    September 15, 2009 | 12:38 am

I have the white background now. :-) It looks nice.

Oh, we need a blog post on Patrick Swayze movies. After an interview for an article tomorrow, I’ll be watching The Outsiders or Dirty Dancing or North & South. Heck, it may be a marathon! Rest in peace, Patrick.
    .-= Tiffani´s last blog ..Swayze will live on =-.

11. Devilish Southern Belle
    September 15, 2009 | 7:45 am

I may join y’all by watching The Outsiders (my favorite of his movies, before he was famous), and Roadhouse. Oh, and Dirty Dancing. LOVE those movies. I’d like to suggest Otis Redding’s “These Arms of Mine”.