Throwback Thursday: Meet Liam – the Music Savvy Kid

You all know that I’m a Mom (duh, Ri), but I guess it’s time you meet the actual “Music Savvy Kid” – my three year old son, Liam.

June 6

Now, while the term “Music Savvy” is used in a  completely tongue-in-cheek way as it pertains to me, I have to say that it’s a pretty accurate description of the L-Dog!
Let me explain…with a Throwback post….
………………………………………………………………………
This initially appeared on my other, other blog:  Vacuity, on June 26, 09:
………………………………………………………………………
So, today in the car, on a mundane trip home from the grocery store, my three year old pipes up from his carseat in the back:
“MAMA. May I have the Rollercoaster song, PWEEEEAASSEEE?!?”

Yes…he meant RHCP: Love Rollercoaster.
And yes, he can sing along with the chorus, the “ooh, ooh, ooh, oooh oooohs” AND the “one, two, one two three” parts.*sigh*As if that wasn’t enough to plaster a stupid grin on my face, next he asked for:
“The Woo Hoo song, Mama…the Woo Hoo song!”

Oh, yes. He meant Blur: Song 2
Polite kid that he is, he LOVES the “pleased to meet you” part, and sings along with gusto.To complete my afternoon o’ happiness, he finished his set request with:
“Mer’yun Toast Burning, Mama! C’mon!”

Seriously. My son LOVES Beat Soup: Miriam, You Toast is Burning .
Asks for it over and over and over.
At three, he’s into obscure ska. I friggin’ LOVE it!

Am I a proud Mama? Ohhhh, yes.
He may not have any idea what the “Wheels on the Bus” do when he gets to Pre-School, but I don’t consider that any great loss…heh.
………………………………………………………………..
***Current Edit:  Yesterday The Black Eyed Peas came up on my iTunes while I was at the computer working.  Liam TORE. IT. UP. here in the living room – dancing, singing –  we grooved unabashedly.   “Wets git it STAHTIIIID – HAH!  Wets git it STAHTIIIIIDD in HEAH!”   Then when the song finished, he grinned, looked me straight in the eye and said:
“Mama. That’s my THEME song.”
……………………………………………

I’ve rounded out the Playlist with songs currently on my “Car Mix” that he’s learned to sing parts of by heart. (Don’t worry, I’m not a completely horrible mother; I have audio editing programs – I bleeped out the bad words.)

I love to hear that little voice belting it out from the carseat.  Rock on, Liam…rock on. :)
And tell me – what are YOUR kiddos singing these days?

12 Responses to Throwback Thursday: Meet Liam – the Music Savvy Kid
  1. knowbot
    September 17, 2009 | 6:04 am

Ri O’Laughlin posted: Throwback Thursday: Meet Liam – the Music Savvy Kid http://bit.ly/3y1Jy5

2. Ri O'Laughlin
    September 17, 2009 | 6:22 am

New Post: Meet the Music Savvy Kid, Liam. Rock star at the tender age of three. http://bit.ly/2ZLIw

3. Ri, the MSM
    September 17, 2009 | 9:03 am

Aw, man! I forgot to add his new favorite:
    Three Little Birds – Bob Marley
    (He calls it “The Rising Sun Song” 😉
    .-= Ri, the MSM´s last blog ..Throwback Thursday: Meet Liam – the Music Savvy Kid =-.

4. Devilish Southern Belle
    September 17, 2009 | 9:49 am

Any kid that likes Song 2 is indeed music savvy!

I understand the proud mama moments well – my kids would sing along to Sublime, Sugar Ray, The Offspring (oh! how we loved “Get a Job” and “Pretty Fly for a White Guy”)

The Eddie & Elvis choices make me <3 you and your kid even more!
    .-= Devilish Southern Belle´s last blog ..Party’s over. Back to work for me. =-.

5. Party’s over. Back to work for me.
    September 17, 2009 | 9:50 am

[…] to offer in the way of blog posts lately. (Psst….today you can go meet the Music Savvy Kid, Liam. He also sings an adorable “Happy Birthday” – it’s seriously cute! Srsly. […]

6. knowbot
    September 17, 2009 | 9:04 am

7. Starrlight
    September 17, 2009 | 10:16 am

Start them young, I say and you will end up with a child who’s first album request is along the lines of Green Day’s Nimrod. Plus you get to share music with your teen!

I’m a bad mom. I never bleeped. Mouth like a trucker here and the kid’s favorite movie from age 4 on was Rocky Horror. She’s a lost cause 😛
    .-= Starrlight´s last blog ..Thursday Thirteen – 13 Movies I Am Looking Forward To Seeing =-.

8. Ri O'Laughlin
    September 17, 2009 | 9:22 am

9. Ri O'Laughlin
    September 17, 2009 | 11:26 am

New post: My kid – already rockin’ at the tender age of three…*sigh* SO proud! http://bit.ly/118o5x

10. knowbot
    September 17, 2009 | 1:04 pm

September 17, 2009 | 5:44 pm

Oh yes!!! Raise them right! We were fortunate enough to bring our oldest to a few Grateful Dead shows before Jerry died. When she was about 3… Edie Brickell’s What I Am came on the radio and during the sweet guitar solo… she asked if it was Jerry because of the ‘wah wanh’ sounds from the guitar!

Oh and her skin is the colour of a pearl and she wanders aimlessly (had to tie it into the playlist)

12. Starrlight
    September 18, 2009 | 11:25 am

oooo…Love the Wavy Gravy!