Okay, so remember waaaayyyy back when I did the post about Starrlight from Here Comes a Storm?
Remember when I said that sometimes…sometimes the bio a person has put in their Profile or “About” section is just WAYYY better than anything I could come up with myself? (Of course you remember. You remember every word I say. Because you love me.)
Anyhoo, today’s Guest DJ is one of those folks. Seriously – I’m a fairly adequate writer, (at least I flatter myself as such), but even on my best day I’d be hard pressed to capture the essence of TLotH as succinctly as her own words have done. To wit:
I am a former latch key kid, stoner, fag hag, tv producer, turned suburban SAHM.
What did you dream when you ate a spider while sleeping?
Who is the fucktard who came up with these questions? Clearly they allow people to drop acid at Blogger
- Good TV
- Momofuku cookies
- my husband
- my children
- not dying
- my friends
- taking long walks on the beach with my husband
- children and friends while eating Momofuku cookies and talking about good TV and not dying.
I dunno about y’all, but when I first read that, I got a lil’ bloggy crush on TLofH. (Wait – let’s just call her T-Loth. It’ll be her rapper name.)
I was concerned, however, that perhaps she’d blown all her quirky witicisms on the profile…y’know, that her pool of humor may lack depth. After all, I’ve had crushes dashed this way before: fabulous Profile that was probably ghost written, because the tone of the actual blog bore little to no resemblance to it’s Profile-y goodness. My Google Reader is littered with the ghosts of blogcrushes past that made me victim to the ol’ Bait and Switch…
I needn’t have worried. From her logical, well thought out argument for the value and convenience of Sister Wives to her brave and moving P-p-p-poker Face reveal, she routinely sends me into paroxysms of laughter. I can relax now…this one’s a keeper.
(And she has EXCELLENT taste in music, which I found to be a lovely, hand whipped buttercream frosting on top of an already delicious cake o’ personality. Win-Win, y’all…)
“I am so in love with music. My love of music has intensified since becoming a mom. I have been singing to my children since they were born and so far they haven’t told me to shut it. It gives me such joy to see they love music as much as I do. Now go listen to my music!” ~~T-Loth
(NOTE: Okay, so I copied and pasted the songlist below from her email. Not sure WHY this happened, but now they’re all numbered “1”. That cracks me SLAP up, and seems to be perfectly in keeping with the T-Loth flavor, so I’m leaving it. Bwahaha. ~~Ri )
- If Only – Hanson Live (The Best Of Hanson Live and Electric) – Yes Hanson. I hid it for a long time but I am out and proud. The brothers Hanson are legit in my book. Not too mention I heart Taylor since he no longer looks like one of the Sweet Valley High twins.
- But Honestly – Foo Fighters – Dave Grohl is my rock GOD and I have written permission to sleep with him if the situation arises. The first time I played this in the car my son rocked out so hard I was afraid he gave himself shaken baby syndrome. Now turn it up and ROCK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Show Me Love – Robyn – Pure pop. Robyn was a Swedish pop star but has recently come back with a “cooler” sound. I love this song because I feel like I sing it really well and I do not sing very well.
- Forever – Chris Brown – This is the one and only song I have ever heard by Chris Brown. I could give a shit about his personal life. To me this song is about love and I LOVE, love. I am proud to admit I first heard this song when I watched that brilliant wedding couple dance down the aisle. This song makes me want to dance. I’m dancing right now.
- American Girl – Estelle – This song transports me to somewhere beautiful. “I always act a fool ow ow” No shit Kanye.
- Lost – Coldplay – I just got this CD so ummm yeah it’s good. It’s Coldplay. This song is nice. It’s neat. Coldplay is neat.
- Drops of Jupiter – Train– I like the lyrics. I like this song especially the part where they go, “NA NA NA NA NA NANANANANANANA.” Although not sure I want to be anyone’s best soy latte.
- Heartbeat – Madonna – Here we go. I LOVE Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone Esther Madge whatever the hell she wants to be called. I can’t say anything else. I need a moment. What an amazing song to dance to. “When I dance I feel free.”
- Undiscovered – James Morrison – This is my go to dinner party CD. What a soulful voice. Pass the peas please.
- System – Seal– When you want to get off the elliptical or stop running or want to eat a Twinkie instead of working out put this song on. This is a big favorite in our house when we do our 5:00 PM dance party.
HIDDEN TRACK (it wasn’t random but I had to) Seven Days In Sunny June – Jamiroquai – because I f’in love them. They inspire me. I’m also allowed to sleep with Jay Kay.