Guest DJ: The Lady of the House @ Checking the Electrical Box

electrical boxOkay, so remember waaaayyyy back when I did the post about Starrlight from Here Comes a Storm?

Remember when I said that sometimes…sometimes the bio a person has put in their Profile or “About” section is just WAYYY better than anything I could come up with myself?  (Of course you remember.  You remember every word I say.  Because you love me.)

Anyhoo, today’s Guest DJ is one of those folks.  Seriously – I’m a fairly adequate writer, (at least I flatter myself as such), but even on my best day I’d be hard pressed to capture the essence of TLotH as succinctly as her own words have done. To wit:

“About Me

I am a former latch key kid, stoner, fag hag, tv producer, turned suburban SAHM.

What did you dream when you ate a spider while sleeping?

Who is the fucktard who came up with these questions? Clearly they allow people to drop acid at Blogger

Interests

Favorite Movies

Favorite Music

Favorite Books

*sigh*

I dunno about y’all, but when I first read that, I got a lil’ bloggy crush on TLofH. (Wait – let’s just call her T-Loth.  It’ll be her rapper name.)

I was concerned, however, that perhaps she’d blown all her quirky witicisms on the profile…y’know, that her pool of humor may lack depth.  After all, I’ve had crushes dashed this way before:  fabulous Profile that was probably ghost written, because the tone of the actual blog bore little to no resemblance to it’s Profile-y goodness. My Google Reader is littered with the ghosts of blogcrushes past that made me victim to the ol’ Bait and Switch…

I needn’t have worried.  From her logical, well thought out argument for the value and convenience of Sister Wives to her brave and moving  P-p-p-poker Face reveal, she routinely sends me into paroxysms of laughter.  I can relax now…this one’s a keeper.

(And she has EXCELLENT taste in music, which I found to be a lovely, hand whipped buttercream frosting on top of an already delicious cake o’ personality.  Win-Win, y’all…)

“I am so in love with music. My love of music has intensified since becoming a mom. I have been singing to my children since they were born and so far they haven’t told me to shut it. It gives me such joy to see they love music as much as I do. Now go listen to my music!”     ~~T-Loth

(NOTE:  Okay, so I copied and pasted the songlist below from her email.  Not sure WHY this happened, but now they’re all numbered “1”.  That cracks me SLAP up, and seems to be perfectly in keeping with the T-Loth flavor, so I’m leaving it. Bwahaha.  ~~Ri )

1. If Only – Hanson Live (The Best Of Hanson Live and Electric) – Yes Hanson. I hid it for a long time but I am out and proud. The brothers Hanson are legit in my book. Not too mention I heart Taylor since he no longer looks like one of the Sweet Valley High twins.
  1. But Honestly – Foo Fighters – Dave Grohl is my rock GOD and I have written permission to sleep with him if the situation arises. The first time I played this in the car my son rocked out so hard I was afraid he gave himself shaken baby syndrome. Now turn it up and ROCK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  1. Show Me Love – Robyn Pure pop. Robyn was a Swedish pop star but has recently come back with a “cooler” sound. I love this song because I feel like I sing it really well and I do not sing very well.
  1. Forever – Chris BrownThis is the one and only song I have ever heard by Chris Brown. I could give a shit about his personal life. To me this song is about love and I LOVE, love. I am proud to admit I first heard this song when I watched that brilliant wedding couple dance down the aisle. This song makes me want to dance. I’m dancing right now.
  1. American Girl – EstelleThis song transports me to somewhere beautiful. “I always act a fool ow ow” No shit Kanye.
  1. Lost – ColdplayI just got this CD so ummm yeah it’s good. It’s Coldplay. This song is nice. It’s neat. Coldplay is neat.
  1. Drops of Jupiter – TrainI like the lyrics. I like this song especially the part where they go, “NA NA NA NA NA NANANANANANANA.” Although not sure I want to be anyone’s best soy latte.
  1. Heartbeat – MadonnaHere we go. I LOVE Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone Esther Madge whatever the hell she wants to be called. I can’t say anything else. I need a moment. What an amazing song to dance to. “When I dance I feel free.”
  1. Undiscovered – James MorrisonThis is my go to dinner party CD. What a soulful voice. Pass the peas please.
  1. System – SealWhen you want to get off the elliptical or stop running or want to eat a Twinkie instead of working out put this song on. This is a big favorite in our house when we do our 5:00 PM dance party.

HIDDEN TRACK (it wasn’t random but I had to) Seven Days In Sunny June – Jamiroquai – because I f’in love them. They inspire me. I’m also allowed to sleep with Jay Kay.

21 Responses to Guest DJ: The Lady of the House @ Checking the Electrical Box
  1. knowbot
    October 12, 2009 | 5:34 am

Ri O'Laughlin posted: Guest DJ: The Lady of the House @ Checking the Electrical Box http://bit.ly/ZuFGv

2. Ri O'Laughlin
    October 12, 2009 | 5:34 am

Cure for the Mondays: @ieatmykidzsnack is Guest DJ today at Music Savvy Mom.! http://bit.ly/VMSDO

3. knowbot
    October 12, 2009 | 8:34 am

4. Ri O'Laughlin
    October 12, 2009 | 8:34 am

5. Tiffani
    October 12, 2009 | 12:26 pm

Cool shuffle. And I love that Robyn song … hadn’t heard it in forever, to quote Chris Brown.

Yay!
    .-= Tiffani´s last blog ..Hearing Anniversary: Cochlear Implant =-.

6. knowbot
    October 12, 2009 | 12:34 pm

7. Amy @ The Q Family
    October 12, 2009 | 1:36 pm

Now, this About Me put my own to shame.. huh.. Might need to come up with something witty now. :) I love the rapper name you gave her too. 😉
    .-= Amy @ The Q Family´s last blog ..Best 10 Free or Cheap Things to Do with Kids in Los Angeles =-.

8. Ri O'Laughlin
    October 12, 2009 | 1:42 pm

Ask @ieatmykidzsnack about HANSON…or, I guess you could just go see for yourself…: http://bit.ly/VMSDO

9. T-Loth
    October 12, 2009 | 3:39 pm

Thanks for listening and thanks for not slamming me for Hanson. Ri – I’m loving “T-Loth” so much I’m having my kids use it instead of “Mama.” Only in the hizzle. Word!

October 12, 2009 | 4:39 pm

BWAH! You signed in as T-Loth – I FLOVE it! (But, who said I wasn’t going to slam you for Hanson…?)

10. T-Loth
    October 12, 2009 | 4:50 pm

You just cyber neutered me with the kiddie pics. I still stand by those boys.
    .-= T-Loth´s last blog ..Pants On Fire =-.

11. Ri O'Laughlin
    October 12, 2009 | 4:42 pm

12. Starrlight
    October 12, 2009 | 7:44 pm

I heard my name!!

This list (cover Liam’s ears plz kthx)kicks ass. HANSON FTMFW!! (Being good and not spelling that one out ;p)
    .-= Starrlight´s last blog ..This Is A Neo St Valentine’s Massacre =-.

13. T-Loth
    October 12, 2009 | 7:57 pm

Thank you Starrlight. Those 3 baby making machines earned my respect when they covered Radiohead (although I have loved them since Mmmbop. Shhhh.)
    .-= T-Loth´s last blog ..Pants On Fire =-.

14. Kevin Kavanagh
    October 12, 2009 | 10:33 pm

Guest DJ: The Lady of the House @ Checking the Electrical Box …: I am proud to admit I first heard this song .. http://bit.ly/n8Axv

15. Kevin Kavanagh
    October 13, 2009 | 1:33 am

16. Ri O'Laughlin
    October 13, 2009 | 5:14 am

My goal today: To make the comment banter better than the post I did on @ieatmykidzsnack . Come help me. http://bit.ly/VMSDO

17. Kevin Kavanagh
    October 13, 2009 | 5:33 am

18. T-Loth
    October 13, 2009 | 6:38 pm

So my time as guest DJ is coming to an end. This was such a thrill for me. I hope you all enjoyed it and a big thanks to my newest cyber lover, Ri.

T-Loth
    .-= T-Loth´s last blog .."Like, Oh My God" =-.

19. Starrlight
    October 15, 2009 | 7:26 pm

Oh your secret is safe with me. Mmmbop is hella high up on my play count 😉
    .-= Starrlight´s last blog ..Um Yeah, Slacker Thursday Thirteen 😛 =-.

20. Devilish Southern Belle
    October 15, 2009 | 9:02 pm

I’m a closet Hanson fan, sort of. Am I a closet fan if I just secretly sing along to MMMM-Bop? (or however it’s spelled?)
    .-= Devilish Southern Belle´s last blog ..There was no WW here yesterday =-.