In the old days, they just called it “odd”…

So, Tuesday is “Celebrate Your Unique Talent Day“.

No, I don’t know who came up with it; all I know is that it’s sandwiched neatly between “National Espresso Day” and “National Parfait Day“.  Since I love both Espresso and Parfait in equal measure and just couldn’t choose…I decided to split the difference and go with this one.

The theory, of course, is that we ALL have a unique talent and today is the annual celebration thereof.  Now, I suppose what you choose to celebrate depends completely on your definition of “unique”.  You could be double jointed.  You may write all of your correspondence in perfect Iambic Pentameter.  Perhaps you see dead people are the spitting image of Haley Joel Osment.

Whatever it is, I want you to wear your Unique Talent proudly on Tuesday, November 24, 2009!

(And, NATURALLY, I want you to comment here and tell us all what it is.  Even if you have to make one up.  Points will be awarded for creativity – the more outlandish* the better!)

*And by outlandish I mean right up to but not crossing the line of general decorum.  We need not know how you may be able to shoot ping pong balls or what you can do with farm animals. ahem.

I’ll start it off.  I can recite Abbott and Costello’s “Who’s On First” routine from memory – both parts, with proper voice inflection.  (That one is actually true.)

Just to tie this completely random post in with the theme of this blog, I’ve slapped together a lil’ playlist of unique songs – could be unique titles, unique music, unique lyrics, but these songs are anything but boring. Enjoy and share YOUR “Unique Talent” with us.

Because seriously, if you don’t, I’m going to look like a total ass.  And I’ll cry.  Do you REALLY want that on your collective conscience?

I thought not.

(P.S.  Yeah, I know I totally phoned this one in.  Stifle yourself, Edith – I’ve got a Grandmother in Law visiting! Have some compassion – I’ll get a new Guest DJ up on Tuesday. ;) )

14 Responses to In the old days, they just called it “odd”…
  1. Ri O'Laughlin
    November 22, 2009 | 9:00 pm

So. (To fill the awkward post Adam space…) Are YOU ready for Tuesday? http://bit.ly/682w9m

2. Ri O'Laughlin
    November 22, 2009 | 11:00 pm

3. Ri O'Laughlin
    November 23, 2009 | 6:25 am

So. Are YOU ready for Tuesday? Hmmmmm? http://bit.ly/682w9m

4. Ri O'Laughlin
    November 23, 2009 | 8:25 am

So. Are YOU ready for Tuesday? Hmmmmm? http://bit.ly/682w9m

5. Ri O'Laughlin
    November 24, 2009 | 6:03 am

So, if you love me even a teeny bit, PLEASE go comment. For the love – don't leave me hanging on a Holiday, people! http://bit.ly/682w9m

6. Ash
    November 24, 2009 | 8:30 am

expert shuffle getter??

in all seriousness, I don’t really have a unique talent…

well, i can do this weird thing with my tongue.

7. Karen @agentninety9
    November 24, 2009 | 8:36 am

Well this is just embarassing. But for you, I’ll share.

I can blow spit bubbles. Yes, I know it’s disgusting. Not only can I form little perfect bubbles on my tounge, I can propell them from my mouth leaving my dna and any manner of bacteria to float away haplessly like the children’s soap variety.

I’m realizing now this has probably crossed the line of decorum. Um,.. oops? You asked :)
    Karen @agentninety9´s last blog ..Aim Higher Universe My ComLuv Profile

November 24, 2009 | 9:22 am

Now, THAT is a talent. And I imagine useful for entertaining toddlers – they probably LOVE it.

You’re definitely in the lead so far…(no offense to Ash’s tongue.)

8. Devilish Southern Belle
    November 24, 2009 | 1:15 pm

I seriously rock at trivia, especially obscure 80s celebrity trivia and that of some of the country’s historical figures. That’s not really a talent, though, and hardly unique.

Hmm…..I am an absolutely gifted daydreamer! That’s not a unique talent, either?

Okay…this isn’t a unique talent, but I *am* possibly the only regular over here who is a roller derby girl! Okay…was…but that’s only temporary! I am going back the minute I get some financial and personal things in order!
    Devilish Southern Belle´s last blog ..Connected to the world….again! My ComLuv Profile

9. Starrlight
    November 26, 2009 | 9:47 pm

Odd is good!
    Starrlight´s last blog ..The Prefunctory Thanksgiving Day Post My ComLuv Profile