So…y’all remember The Lady of the House from Checking the Electrical Box?
(That’s @ieatmykidzsnack on Twitter…)
‘Member wwaaaaaayyyy back, when I christened her T-Loth? (Her Rapper Name.)
(Seriously – it tickles the everlovin’ crap out of me when a past DJ wants to Shuffle again. SO cool. Squee!)
Since we’re all already well acquainted, I’ll just let her get to it, eh?
1. Road Rage/Catatonia – My road rage involves the use of the word ASSJACKET, my horn and my middle finger.
2. Fake Plastic Trees/Radiohead – I fucking love this song. I saw Radiohead at Radio City when I was in my 20’s and there are no words….just beautiful.
3. When You Gonna Learn/Jamiroquai –You are listening to my musical lover Jay Kay. Best music to write to (I find.)
4. PDA (We just don’t care)/John Legend – If there was ever a sweet song about public snogging it’s this one.
5. I Remember/DeadMau5 and Kaskade – Just dance. Shhh. No talking. Just dance.
6. Burn This Disco Out/Michael Jackson – Pig tails: check, Roller skates: check. Rainbow leg warmers: check, Braces: check. Tween attitude: check.
7. Mayonaise/Smashing Pumpkins – When this song came up in the same shuffle as Fake Plastic Trees I thought about changing it but how could I? The lyrics, the music, the way I feel when I listen to it. “When your life is oh so dreary, dream.”
(Ri note: What a surprising dearth of Smashing Pumpkin-age available on playlist.com! Shocked, I was. Sooooo…I made a lil’ substitution. And of course, now I’m chuckling at that Paul Rudd line about Coldplay in 40 Year Old Virgin. I am such a 13 year old boy sometimes…)
8. Everything/P-Money – Ok so you had a break with Smashing Pumpkins now get back up and DANCE. This song is dumb.
9. Key (It’s Alright)/Original Cast of Passing Strange – Ok so I’m going out on a limb here. I’m theater geek. About a year or so ago there was a show on Broadway called Passing Strange. To say I enjoyed this show is a gross understatement. It was one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. The music, the lyrics, the vibe, the message. Spike Lee was there filming the show the night we were there (in our row in fact) and is making it into a movie. If you want more info here is the website: http://www.negroproblem.com/passing/pages/about.html
(Ri note: yeah…notsomuch finding this on playlist.com. T-Loth is SUCH a PITA, I swear…*sigh*…*eyeroll*…but, I flove her, so, I tubey’d it for you. Enjoy.)
10. Take Back The City/Snow Patrol – I love this band. Always have and always will. Not much else to say.