…the answer is “none”. None more black.

NigelThe This is Spinal Tap quote as a title seemed appropriate, because I honestly don’t understand Black Friday.

Well, no that’s not true. I understand it. I just think it’s silly.

Well, okay, maybe not silly. Maybe a vile, duplicitous event concocted by evil Madison Avenue hucksters to pit sleep deprived shoppers hopped up on Cool Whip against each other in a commercial grudge match over items they have intentionally under-ordered and over-advertised.   It’s consumer manipulation at it’s finest.

Cartoon Credit: www.nataliedee.com

Cartoon Credit: www.nataliedee.com

(But, y’know – if you go and get some fabulous deals, I’m going to be WAY jealous and kicking myself for not camping out at Best Buy tonight. Yes, I’m wishy-washy.)

Starrlight and Devilish Southern Belle have teamed up once again to give us a playlist themed for the occasion. It’s equally appropriate for both the frenzied shopper and the disdainful non-participant…reminding us once again that Music is the Great Equalizer.

Enjoy your Black Friday, folks!  Here’s a lil’ note from DSB, who shall be valiantly charging into the breach in order to facilitate your shopping experience. Go easy on her…

“After waking up EARLY from the carb and sugar comas induced by consumption of massive amounts of food at Thanksgiving feasts, many of those of us here in the States will participate in some way in the phenomenon known as Black Friday. You know, the unofficial beginning of the Christmas shopping season, and the day where normally sane persons wake up at insane hours and shiver in line waiting for our favorite stores to open, so we can be the first to score the best deals of the season.

In the past, people have beaten one another over the last Cabbage Patch Kid and Tickle Me Elmo. WalMart customers even stampeded through the doors as soon as the store opened and trampled someone to death. Let’s hope we don’t have any of that nonsense and tragedy this year!

I would say that you couldn’t pay me to get out on a day like tomorrow, but I’d be lying since that’s exactly why I am getting out tomorrow: I am getting paid. Yep. I will be waking up at the wee hour of 3 AM so that I can work till 1:30 in the afternoon. Ahem.

Whether you’re hittin’ the stores early, or staying snuggly and warm in your bed as long as possible, Starr and I have put together a black-themed playlist for your listening pleasure whenever you get a few moments to yourself.

Enjoy!

Devilish Southern Belle

13 Responses to …the answer is “none”. None more black.
  1. Ri O'Laughlin
    November 26, 2009 | 7:27 pm

Turkey day in the bag; now the obligatory Black Friday post is up: "…the answer is none. None more black." http://bit.ly/8O4w59

2. Ri O'Laughlin
    November 26, 2009 | 9:27 pm

3. Ri, the MSM
    November 26, 2009 | 9:30 pm

I love you two, and I LOVE this playlist!

(However. The only acceptable versions of “Black Betty” are the original by Leadbelly and the cover by Tom Jones. Ri has spoken.)

Now, I shall put on my headphones and enjoy this whilst indulging in ANOTHER slice of pie…;)
    .-= Ri, the MSM´s last blog ..…the answer is “none”. None more black. =-.

4. Starrlight
    November 26, 2009 | 9:37 pm

I agree that Leadbelly is the way to go but I went with the more known version =)
    .-= Starrlight´s last blog ..The Prefunctory Thanksgiving Day Post =-.

5. Maria O'Laughlin
    November 27, 2009 | 2:27 am

6. Ri O'Laughlin
    November 27, 2009 | 8:45 am

Your official Black Friday Playlist is here. "…the answer is none. None more black." http://bit.ly/8O4w59

7. Anndi
    November 27, 2009 | 2:05 pm

Most excellent tuneage collection and BONUS ending with Flogging Molly! SQUEEE!
    .-= Anndi´s last blog .."to the moon!" =-.

November 27, 2009 | 3:55 pm

Those two do good work, eh? And yes – Flogging Molly FTW…and not just because it was my only contribution to this playlist of awesone. heh.)

Nice to meet you, girl with many consonants in her name. Stick around! :)

8. Starrlight
    November 28, 2009 | 10:44 am

I can not believe I forgot FM 😛
    .-= Starrlight´s last blog ..Black Friday! =-.

• Devilish Southern Belle
      November 28, 2009 | 11:08 am

I can’t believe we BOTH forgot it. Usually when one of us leaves something off, the other has gotten it. I blame all the late nights, early mornings, carbs, and New Moon viewings for my lapse.
      .-= Devilish Southern Belle´s last blog ..Happy Thanksgiving! =-.

9. It’s that time of year again!
    November 28, 2009 | 11:39 am

[…] up once again on a themed playlist (Black, what else?) over at Music Savvy Mom. Be sure to go check it out when you have a few […]

10. ZenMom
    November 28, 2009 | 12:39 pm

Great theme. :)
    .-= ZenMom´s last blog ..Life-size =-.