UPDATED: I’ve crossed out the ones that have been guessed already. Will post the answers and playlist in a couple hours. Y’all are gonna KICK yourselves, I swear…
Get to guessin!
So, I’m going “Anti-Meme” today. No Wordless Wednesday here – just the opposite. LYRICS.
Here’s the first line (or two) from some tunes spit forth from my iTunes this morning. I tried to avoid the obscure and lesser known ones, and of course pitched the ones with the title in the first line. Some of these you should ABSOLUTELY know by the first line. If not, well shame on you.
Wanna play? Comment with your guesses. I’ll post the playlist and answers tomorrow, so you can kick yourself for not recognizing them. 😉
1. Lookin’ at your watch a third time, waitin’ in the station for the bus. Goin’ to a place that’s far, so far away and if that’s not enough
2. I can’t believe that it’s real – the way that you make me feel. This burning deep down inside – a love that I cannot hide.
3. Everybody knows which way you go – straight to over. No one wants to see you inside of me – straight to over.
4. I’ve been lovin’ you a long time. Down all the years, down all the days. And I’ve cried for all your troubles – smiled at your funny little ways.
5. Early one morning with time to kill, I borrowed Jeb’s rifle and sat on the hill. I saw a lone rider crossing the plain – I drew a bead on him to practice my aim.
6. You see it all around you – good lovin’ gone bad. An usually it’s too late when you realize what you had.
7. When he reached the gates of Heaven, he didn’t understand. He knew that friends were coming over – was it all a dream? Was it all a crazy dream?
8. Don’t tell me you don’t know what love is, when you’re old enough to know better. When you find strange hands in your sweater and the dreamboat turns out to be a footnote, I’m a man with a mission in two or three editions.
9. Yeah when I was only seventeen, I could hear the angels whispering. So I drove into the woods and wandered aimlessly about until I heard my mother shouting through the fog.
10. It’s getting to the point where I’m no fun anymore. I am sorry.
11. Well I heard there was a secret chord that David played and it pleased the Lord, but you don’t really care for music, do ya?
12. See the curtains hanging in the window in the evenin’ on a Friday night? And the light that’s shinin’ in the window lets me know everything’s allright.
13. Take me out tonight. Where’s there’s music and there’s people and they’re young and alive. Driving in your car, I never ever want to go home, because I haven’t got one. Anymore.
14. So the saying says “An elephant never forgets”. Standing in a concrete cage, sway inside and sing…
15. Well I came upon a child of God, he was walkin’ along the road, and I asked him “Tell me where are you goin’?” Yes, he told me…
16. Find yourself a girl, and settle down. Live a simple life in a quiet town.
17. Whenever I’m alone with you you, make me feel like I am home again. Whenever I’m alone with you, you make me feel like I am whole again.
18. People say I’m crazy, doin’ what I’m doin’. Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin.
19. The screen door slams; Mary’s dress waves. Like a vision she stands up on the porch as the radio plays.
20. What was that scar situated from afar? And what was that lie integrated in your mind?