Turnaround is WAY fun!

Y’all – this is SO exciting.

Y’know how much fun everyone always says it is to Guest DJ and make a playlist?  Well, they’re RIGHT!

I got to find out this weekend, when out of the clear blue I received a lovely email from Erin at Today’s Mama, asking me to participate in their two week “Valentine’s PlayMix” series. (And, notfornothing, but…they’re all professional and organized over there!  MOST impressive.  I may have even been a hair intimidated, but don’t tell anybody.) They’re asking fourteen Moms to submit ten love songs each, from now until February 14th…and guess who has the honor of going FIRST?!

(Dude.  I know.  I was as shocked as you are…)

That’s right – my ten picks are up on Today’s Mama HERE, right now, as well as my accompanying description.  I was on my best behavior of course…I kept on topic, I tried not to ramble, and I’m pretty sure I don’t even have any many sentence fragments!  Yay, me!

Do me a solid and swing by, k?  Then come back here and tell me what you really think.  I can take it. 😉

xoxo, Ri

Pssst:  I may be playing these and other “Quirky Love Songs” today on Blip.fm…just sayin’…

8 Responses to Turnaround is WAY fun!
  1. Erin
    February 1, 2010 | 9:03 am

LOL! If ANYONE should be intimidated, it should be me. Your mix it awesome and I’m all sorts of inspired to go on a iTunes spree. Don’t be surprised if I start twitter stalking you for music inspiration. :)

2. Mad4merengue
    February 1, 2010 | 10:12 am

Great list (with Billy Bragg on it how could it not be?) though I was surprised not to see your wedding song there. Thought for sure that one would be slipped in. 😉 Lovely list and the write-up to the music was wonderful– witty and heartfelt. Perfect for Valentine’s Day!

xo mad4merengue

February 1, 2010 | 11:12 am

HA! It was on there…then I took it off, though it WOULD be perfect. (For those of you who were NOT at my wedding as Mad was…we danced to “Come Rain or Come Shine” – the BB King/Eric Clapton version.) I also had Lyle Lovett “She’s No Lady” on and swapped it at the last minute for the John Prine.

*sigh* So many songs…so little room. I’ll have to continue the list here next week.
      .-= Ri, the MSM´s last blog ..Turnaround is WAY fun! =-.

3. Melisa with one s
    February 1, 2010 | 12:49 pm

I do what I’m told (okay, sometimes.), so I’m headed over…
    .-= Melisa with one s´s last blog ..This PSA Brought To You By "This Full House" =-.

4. Tiff Hill-Patterson
    February 1, 2010 | 2:53 pm

Well done! RT @MusicSavvyMom Y'all. Somebody asked ME to Guest DJ. I KNOW – I'm as shocked as you are! http://bit.ly/9Ay2bD

5. Belle
    February 1, 2010 | 9:44 pm

I didn’t see a place to comment over there, but I was going to come back here and comment anyway.

Love Like the Movies says it all….and it’s the Avett Brothers, to boot!

6. Melisa
    February 2, 2010 | 1:23 am

Not surprisingly, she's good at it! RT @MusicSavvyMom Somebody asked ME 2 Guest DJ. I'm as shocked as you are! http://bit.ly/9Ay2bD

7. Tiff Hill-Patterson
    February 2, 2010 | 1:50 am

No shock! RT @MusicSavvyMom Y'all. Somebody asked ME to Guest DJ. I KNOW, right?!?! I'm as shocked as you are! http://bit.ly/9Ay2bD