I know you’re there.

Okay, so I have Analytics. I know my stats…and I know that there are WAY more people hanging out around here than the comments would suggest.

(Yes, I said “hanging out” – I checked the bounce rate.)

So, I shall attempt to play on the sympathies of you mean folks who NEVER, EVER say hello. I’m about to head to the doctor to have him remove the knives that suddenly appear in my chest each time I cough.

*hack, cough, hack* (This is the part where you picture me as Greta Garbo as Camille.)

What would hasten my recouperation, I have NO doubt, would be to return home and see comments from you, my lurkers. Nothing fancy – no need for a commitment or anything. Just a line or two.

• Tell me if you’ve added a song or artist to your iPod as a result of hearing them here.
  • Tell me if you’re listening to music more since you’ve hung out here.
  • Tell me I’m a hilarious writer who deserves her own Nationally Syndicated Column, or better yet – book deal! (Then tell me you’re in publishing and are in a position to offer me a lucrative arrangement.)
  • Or, y’know – just say hey and tell me what you’re making for dinner.

But, for Pete’s Sake – say SOMETHING. We’ll consider it our own personal de-lurking day. The first day of the beginning of some BEAUTIFUL friendships. 😉

32 Responses to I know you’re there.
  1. Susan Helene Gottfried
    March 23, 2010 | 10:38 am

I am none of the above. Although I DO expect you’ll get a book deal before I will…
    .-= Susan Helene Gottfried´s last blog ..Kermit Ladd: Snooping =-.

March 24, 2010 | 10:05 pm

Pffft.

The only book deal I’ll be getting will come in the form of a Barnes & Noble half price sale. *sigh*
      .-= Ri, the MSM´s last blog ..I know you’re there. =-.

March 23, 2010 | 11:28 am

Hey!

none of the above either…

we are getting so close to my prize being available heh heh… (see Ri’s blog on jtnl)

just kidding, Ri. You know I’ve already pre-ordered it

…you know I love your amazing wit and music taste. The combination is as good as Anthony Keidis’ bod circa 1989… (or really any year for that matter) Keep it up Sister!

March 24, 2010 | 10:06 pm

Okay, I DID have a great reply formed right up until I got to the visual picture of a 1989 Anthony Keidis…

what were you saying again, pookster?
      .-= Ri, the MSM´s last blog ..I know you’re there. =-.

• Lakiesha
      April 28, 2016 | 8:39 am

To have these plans perhaps quicker you must fulfill the selected standards like you need to become 18years along with above, employed with mohot-no-mtnth income onto 1,000 kilos , has and also energetic bank account and most critical should be the citizen associated with UK.

May 12, 2016 | 9:23 pm

Well, nowadays whenever we need charts and/or pivottable, I prefer to export out to Excel and if necessary automate Excel. I find this provides for much better reporting using Excel’s resources.

June 27, 2016 | 12:41 pm

Thank you for posting a picture of your messy house! It looks just like mine (maybe actually it looks better than mine . . . depending on the day). I think messy houses are one of the best kept secrets in the world. I'm convinced that lots of people have houses just like ours but are too ashamed to admit it. So thank you for being brave!

• I’m shocked that I found this info so easily.

August 9, 2016 | 7:25 am

Oh hell…12 “mumbles” ahead of me.I have a girl blog, or do I say I AM a girl blog…I feel like one sometimes.BLOG. It sounds so bland and goopy like over cooked, watered down porridge. No sugar. No cream.If you are searching for guy-blogs, that might fit into your mixing bowl, I can think of a few.andand

• haftpflichtversicherung motorrad diebstahl
      November 5, 2016 | 2:35 am

Eu tambem estou nessa,já estou com,437,20 dólares,mas depois do que li aqui,cheguei a,seguinte cunclusão,existe alguma empresa séria na internet,onde você possa trabalhar e realmente,ter retorno,digo porque já estou trabalhando há um ano com diversos programas de afiliados,e até hoje não obtive nem sequer um centavo de real,já estou farto de tanta enganação,é uma covardia sem par,estava com esperança nesse mixreq,mas depois disso!De qualquer forma vou completar os 500dólares e pedir o pagamento para confirmar!

November 14, 2016 | 12:34 am

hmnn tutorial bem cedinho pra galera da madrugada! E ja vi que so assim que da pra chegar antes de ter 200+ comments. ME JOGUEI! hahahaLinda linda make como sempre. Adorei o roxinho :) Camila obrigada por esse blog tao inspirador, Deus abencoe![]

November 15, 2016 | 3:46 am

>I am the chocolate lady! I usually bring a flourless chocolate torte or a hot fudge cake. But for the latest birthday I brought a coffee heath bar ice cream cake (with choc. ganache of course!!). Of course thinking of all that, I'm craving some sweets!

3. Heids
    March 23, 2010 | 12:47 pm

Oh, the visitors who don’t comment. I would say I can commiserate, except I don’t have many visitors *or* commenters. :) But that’s OK; my stuff’s still getting out into the universe anyway.

Can you also check your feed stats? A lot of visitors may be like me; we read in an RSS reader but don’t necessarily click on over to comment. Just a thought.
    .-= Heids´s last blog ..Yard Work and the Weeping Pustules =-.

March 24, 2010 | 10:08 pm

*Facepalm* I TOTALLY forgot about the feed! Thanks, Heids!

(And, I am right this moment heading over to read about “Yard Work and the Weeping Pustules” on your blog. *gulp* Should I be afraid…?)
      .-= Ri, the MSM´s last blog ..I know you’re there. =-.

4. Slarty
    March 23, 2010 | 3:54 pm

I have just discovered the Fisherman’s Friends. They are a group of cornishmen who are from Port Isaac in North coast Cornwall. They sing traditional sea shantys and have wondermous harmonies. You can find them on youtube —-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93wjsRsz1cI&playnext_from=TL&videos=_O771PFfWEU&playnext=1

So yes – I am here and I am listening and I am sorry you’re peelywally – get well soon and enjoy the music my lovely!

x

March 24, 2010 | 10:25 pm

See, I don’t call you the “High Chancellor of New Music” for nothing.

I LOVE Fisherman’s Friends! Stumbled over them a couple years ago when I found this vid of them doing South Australia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vUqeDPZZ80

As usual, our taste is synergized, my dear. Now I just have to skip over the Pond and listen to some of this great music with you over a pint or many. 😉
      .-= Ri, the MSM´s last blog ..I know you’re there. =-.

5. Melisa with one s
    March 23, 2010 | 5:13 pm

I’m just here for the donuts.
    .-= Melisa with one s´s last blog ..And Then There Will Be Three =-.

• Jenn
      March 23, 2010 | 5:27 pm

I usually lurk (except to dispute the colour of my husband’s hair) but I really have to compliment you on the new look of the blog. Love the sliding topic posts at the top– all very flash!

You are doing a great job!

March 24, 2010 | 10:26 pm

Mooch.
      .-= Ri, the MSM´s last blog ..I know you’re there. =-.

March 24, 2010 | 10:26 pm

Okay that was to Melisa, not Jenn – evidently I don’t know how my own comment threads work. Bah!
        .-= Ri, the MSM´s last blog ..I know you’re there. =-.

6. Lisa
    March 23, 2010 | 6:24 pm

I feel your pain–no one ever….and I mean evah…..comments on my blog either. Oh well. :) I think you should hook up with Pioneer Woman and get a sweet deal like hers–your writing is better. Maybe you can add music menus to her next cook book :)
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..Listen to Music Savvy Mom Wannabe =-.

March 24, 2010 | 10:29 pm

Ummmm…I DID comment on your last post, slacker. On MARCH 6TH. *ahem*

Buy that music yet, didja? 😉

And, I’ve heard of this “Pioneer Woman”, but never looked her up. Rolling in the dough, eh? Hmmmmmmm…*adopts Dr. Evil posture and raises eyebrow*
      .-= Ri, the MSM´s last blog ..I know you’re there. =-.

• Lisa
        March 25, 2010 | 11:00 am

Crudbuckets. Thanks for that swift kick in the ass :) If I feel like no one is reading I don’t blog….nasty vicious circle.
        .-= Lisa´s last blog ..Gettin’ My Groove On =-.

7. LaMereJoie
    March 23, 2010 | 11:39 pm

I try to say hello whenever I am here. But sometimes I read on the run. Not that I don’t want to say hi cuz you know I adore you! Those little people are so demanding! :)

March 24, 2010 | 10:30 pm

Oh, not when you put them in suspenders and hang them on hooks…they love to swing and swing! er…not that *I* do that…um…yeah.
      .-= Ri, the MSM´s last blog ..I know you’re there. =-.

8. LaMereJoie
    March 23, 2010 | 11:41 pm

And btw, maybe cuz it’s late at night and I am bleary eyed, but the little RSS guy up in the right corner reading the paper on quick glance looks like… you know where I’m going with this.

I really need to move my blog to wordpress. Your’s looks great!

March 24, 2010 | 10:32 pm

I have been WAITING for someone to mention that!! I KNOW, right? I flove that little dude – cracks me up every time I see him!

WordPress is teh awesome. Lemme know if you need help with the switcheroo!
      .-= Ri, the MSM´s last blog ..I know you’re there. =-.

9. Britt
    March 24, 2010 | 4:20 pm

LOVE the music. Keep it coming!

March 24, 2010 | 7:07 pm

Ah, it’s jut plain, little ol’ me here. I’m making homemade beef & bean burritos for dinner tonight, before settling in with ANTM & Criminal Minds….
    .-= This Belle Rocks´s last blog ..How do people do it? =-.

March 24, 2010 | 10:34 pm

Oh, see, that sounds WAY better than the chef (and I use that term very loosely) salads I made for us tonight. They would have definitely benefitted from the addition of both beans AND beef…

(and maybe french fries.)
      .-= Ri, the MSM´s last blog ..I know you’re there. =-.

11. Jill
    March 24, 2010 | 10:50 pm

You know I have the love for you Ri!

(And you just detailed one of the many reasons I don’t look at my stats: the wondering who the heck those people are!)

Feel better!
    .-= Jill´s last blog ..Have You Seen Me Lately? =-.