Talk, Talk, Talk

So, I’m just surfing around, looking at quotes from famous musicians on random websites.  Fascinating!  Some made me literally laugh out loud, others made me immediately go and play some of that artist’s music again to listen with “new ears”.  Overall, I’ve passed a very entertaining hour or so, which I desperately needed after this crazy-nuts day from suck that I’ve had today!

And, being the loving sweetheart that I am, I’m of course sharing with you.

Now, these are totally random grabs, and may have to be the first in a series because there’s a crap-ton of quotes out there.  Evidently musicians never shut up…

———————————————————————————————————–

“Anyone who lip-synchs in public on stage when you pay £75 to see them should be shot. That’s me off her Christmas card list. But do I give a toss? No.”
— Elton John in October 2004, accusing Madonna of lip-synching during her Re-Invention world tour (Madonna denied it)

I made ‘Bo Diddley’ in ’55, they started playing it, and everybody freaked out. Caucasian kids threw Beethoven into the garbage can.  — Bo Diddley

“Ask yourself: Have you been kind today? Make kindness your daily modus operandi and change your world.” –Annie Lennox

My vocal style I haven’t tried to copy from anyone. It just developed until it became the girlish whine it is today.  — Robert Plant

“Actually ’78 was a really exciting time for U2. We had just discovered F sharp minor. So we had the fourth chord and we’d only had three up to then.”  — Bono on U2’s early days

“When we lost Freddie, we not only lost a great personality, a man with a great sense of humor, a true showman, but we lost probably the best, the really, the best virtuoso rock ‘n’ roll singer of all time. He could sing anything in any style. He could change his style from line to line and, God, that’s an art. And he was brilliant at it. ”  — Roger Daltrey about Freddie Mercury

“AC/DC’s ‘Highway To Hell’ is the greatest meshing of vocal, guitar and content I’ve ever heard. That’s what I aspire to.”  — Bonnie Raitt

Journalist: Do you think of yourself primarily as a singer or a poet?
Dylan: Oh, I think of myself more as a song and dance man, y’know.
— Bob Dylan, press conference at KQED, San Francisco, Dec. 1965, quoted in: Joe Kohut and John J Kohut, eds., Rock Talk (1994)

“I heard that your brain stops growing when you start doing drugs. Let’s see, I guess that makes me 19.” — Steven Tyler

We like this kind of music. Jazz is strictly for stay-at-homes. — Buddy Holly on rock and roll music

Either be hot or cold. If you are lukewarm, the Lord will spew you forth from His mouth. — Jerry Lee Lewis

If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it ‘Chuck Berry’.  — John Lennon

If you don’t know the blues… there’s no point in picking up the guitar and playing rock and roll or any other form of popular music. –Keith Richards

Rock and menopause do not mix. It is not good, it sucks and every day I fight it to the death, or, at the very least, not let it take me over.  –Stevie Nicks

I just didn’t expect an acoustic version of Rock’n’Roll All Nite.  –Ace Frehley

I think the rock’n’roll myth of living on the edge is a pile of crap.  –Robert Smith

—————————————————————————————————

15 Responses to Talk, Talk, Talk
  1. Starrlight
    March 9, 2010 | 11:11 pm

I have always found musician quotes to be highly entertaining. And sometimes a bit creepy.

March 10, 2010 | 8:31 am

Creepy is right – there were a few that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up! (I omitted those…)
      .-= Ri, the MSM´s last blog ..Talk, Talk, Talk =-.

March 9, 2010 | 11:30 pm

Oh, Steven Tyler. Hate to break it to you, but you are NOT 19. Even if your brain quit growing then!

Loving AC/DC, The Who, Buddy Holly, and the Stones….well, this entire list is made of WIN! But where is your Jerry Lee Lewis selection, or am I blind?
    .-= This Belle Rocks´s last blog ..I give it two thumbs up! =-.

March 10, 2010 | 8:30 am

Ahhh, crap in a basket! I forgot “The Killer”! I’ll add one of his after I get The Bugman to Pre-School – good catch, Belle!
      .-= Ri, the MSM´s last blog ..Talk, Talk, Talk =-.

3. Lisa
    March 10, 2010 | 8:47 am

Any list that starts with Elton is ok in my book. Will crank this up as I shovel the mess that is the kids made when they decided to make ‘gifts’–it looks like Hobby Lobby threw up in my living room. Ugh.
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..Listen to Music Savvy Mom Wannabe =-.

March 10, 2010 | 2:22 pm

Sir Elton is always FTW! And coincidentally…I’ll bet our living rooms look remarkably similar, only I’m pretending not to notice until tomorrow when I have “CLEAN” penciled in on the schedule.
      .-= Ri, the MSM´s last blog ..Talk, Talk, Talk =-.

March 10, 2010 | 2:27 pm

DUUUUDDDEEE! I just saw your post title – bwahahahahaha! Go check my comment. 😉
        .-= Ri, the MSM´s last blog ..Talk, Talk, Talk =-.

• Lisa
          March 10, 2010 | 11:57 pm

Yes, those three men make my heart go pitter patter. It’s not a pretty sight :) Just downloaded the Crazy Heart CD….can’t wait to listen to it ALL.
          .-= Lisa´s last blog ..Listen to Music Savvy Mom Wannabe =-.

March 11, 2010 | 12:38 am

Oooh! YES! Excellent choice! I got it last week – well, whatever day it was that you won the GC – and I’ve been listening non stop ever since. Oh, Ryan Bingham, if you weren’t such a kid and I weren’t a happily married old woman…*sigh*.
            .-= Ri, the MSM´s last blog ..Talk, Talk, Talk =-.

4. Janice
    March 10, 2010 | 10:08 am

Oh, the artist you abandoned has a new single out and a CD out April 13 but you’ve been too busy with this “other” life to care 😉

March 10, 2010 | 2:19 pm

lol @”abandon”! He’s doing just fine without me – I’m certain he hasn’t noticed my absence. 😉
      .-= Ri, the MSM´s last blog ..Talk, Talk, Talk =-.

5. Susan Helene Gottfried
    March 10, 2010 | 12:03 pm

I’m laughing out loud at these — and sending the Jerry Lee Lewis quote to a writer friend of mine. She’s only gotten really good or really bad reviews on her latest book.
    .-= Susan Helene Gottfried´s last blog ..Trevor Fiction: Fluent (The Early Days) =-.

March 10, 2010 | 2:28 pm

Well, you can say plenty about ol’ Jerry Lee, but when he’s right, he’s right…;)
      .-= Ri, the MSM´s last blog ..Talk, Talk, Talk =-.