Jesus Christ Superstar

Disclaimer:

Yes, my Italian Catholic guilt is working overtime because I didn’t make it to Mass this morning.  That notwithstanding,  I’m not trying to atone by writing this post in the hopes of converting anyone.

I happen to be listening to the Soundtrack to Jesus Christ Superstar while I’m cooking my Easter Ham, so I thought I’d share.

‘Cause it rocks.

Seriously – I’m not normally an Andrew Lloyd Webber fan, but I love this one.  And I prefer the Film Soundtrack because Ted Neely is phenomenal and Carl Anderson gives me chills.  Yvonne Elliman…meh.  I could take or leave her.  Having said that, I have to point out that the following playlist contains tracks from the film soundtrack, the Broadway soundtrack and a few are in another language.

Regardless of your beliefs, I hope each of you has a wonderful day today!

14 Responses to Jesus Christ Superstar
  1. Lisa
    April 4, 2010 | 1:32 pm

Haven’t heard this since I saw the play in London a freakin’ lifetime ago. Happy Easter Ri :)
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..Adjusting Expectations =-.

April 4, 2010 | 7:57 pm

Ditto, Lisa! (Just got home from my Sister’s and I am stuffed FULL – so I’m calling it a success. 😉 )
      .-= Ri, the MSM´s last blog ..Jesus Christ Superstar =-.

2. Lindsay
    April 4, 2010 | 1:48 pm

Ok I’m finally posting something on your blog. I am a huge Jesus Christ Superstar fan. I haven’t listened to these songs in quite sometime and I’m loving it. Happy Easter Mama Ri!!!!

3. Heidi
    April 4, 2010 | 7:05 pm

Love love LOVE JCS! It’s an Easter requirement.

I’ve got the 2-CD original London concept recording, before it made it to stage or screen: http://www.amazon.com/Christ-Superstar-Original-Concept-Recording/dp/B000002P4H/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1270422019&sr=1-1.

This is the one where Ian Gillian of Deep Purple is Jesus and Judas is Murray Head (trivia: yes, the dude who sang the 1986 hit “One Night in Bangkok” from the musical “Chess”). Still has Yvonne Ellimen, but otherwise it’s pretty awesome.
    .-= Heidi´s last blog ..A tisket, a tasket =-.

April 4, 2010 | 7:56 pm

Okay, Ian Gillian I can see, but Murray Head as Judas? Holy crap – I need to hear this!

April 4, 2010 | 8:32 pm

Hope you’ve had a great holiday! We have way too much candy in this house now!
    .-= This Belle Rocks´s last blog ..Another year, another new lawn mower. =-.

• Tilly
      April 28, 2016 | 5:11 pm

the time to {read|study} or {visit|go to|pay a visit to|check out|take a look at|stop by} the {content|content mabusial|material|retject material} or {sites|websites|web sites|internet sites|web-sites|web pages} {we have|we’ve} linked to {below…[…]here are some links to internet sites that we link to simply because we feel they may be worth visiting

April 30, 2016 | 8:47 pm

Hi Aaron, you know what I completely agree with you. My old 60series Land cruiser would be ideal, however it’s fun to explore other options even if the are fantasy. I’d love to get around in the Striker, until like you say it breaks down…..

April 30, 2016 | 9:15 pm

Ulrich Voigt sagte hierzu am 18. Mai 2007 um 13:52: Wer so argumentiert, der verkennt, dass ein solcher Schritt einem Kenner der Gesetze einer archäologisch fundierten Geschichtsschreibung, wie sie z.B. …

• auto insurance
      June 4, 2016 | 10:03 am

Would we really have the same amount of people upset if say…Big Show had been jobbed out like that? I dunno. It just seems like a silly thing to get upset about.

June 27, 2016 | 11:14 am

"…the brave and mighty trog …"buwahahahahahaha! Troglatwat, you should not use those words together in the same phrase or sentence. That's like saying "journalistic integrity" or "political ethics", or even "rap music".But, thank you for the laugh. Most times you and your weapons grade stoooopid is cringe inducing. This time you were amusing. Just don't give up your day job .. you don't want the rats to take over your Mom's basement, do you?

November 13, 2016 | 11:41 am

Saludos Quiero saber si el “TeleCanal” Se pordra ver desde Regiones(era un fiel seguidor de TVnauta), Yo por Ej. Soy de la V region ytengo VTR, y en mi guia de canales No encuentro laFrecuencia de “TeleCanal” O_O.

November 15, 2016 | 1:30 am

Is that really all there is to it because that’d be flabbergasting.