Friday Fiver: Volume 4

So…another work week down, another Friday Fiver up!  Give a listen and tell me what you think.  (And no cheating.  Listen all the way through  – you’ve gotta give the songs a fighting chance, yo!)

Now, some of these I know you’ve heard, some likely not…but they’re all in the “newborn to very young toddler” range.  Heh – see how I put that in Mom terms?  (ahahhahaha, I crack myself up, I swear.)

I’ll put “the answers” and my .02 up Saturday afternoonereveningish.

Now, get your headphones.  You’ll want to turn the first one up, I betcha…

————————————————————–

Track 1:

Track 2:

Track 3:

Track 4:

Track 5:

19 Responses to Friday Fiver: Volume 4
  1. Slarty
    May 14, 2010 | 6:06 am

Mumford and Sons – Lovelovelove their album… Not so sure about the rest of them – but yus… I see where you’re going with them – the volume was very much up up UP! x

• Slarty
      May 14, 2010 | 6:07 am

And track 5 too – great fun – who who who?!

2. Ash
    May 14, 2010 | 8:34 am

i know the first one. well.

Jonathan Tyler & the Northern Lights – Pardon Me

i like track 5 too. and track 2 sounds really familiar but I can’t put my finger on it…
    .-= Ash´s last blog ..on pause again. =-.

3. mari
    May 14, 2010 | 11:40 am

Yay! So worth the wait!
    1. Love it. A bit Lenny Kravitzy but without the part of Lenny Kravitz songs that I find annoying
    2. Listenable but it might take a few more listens to really like it.
    3. Nice, with a dirty/hypnotic vibe.
    4. Folksly, points for banjo usage and appropriate profanity (adds the necessary emphasis)
    5. When did Sesame St let the Count out of his contract? This is actually pretty infectious. :)

• Dipaola Momma (aka DiPM)
      May 14, 2010 | 7:19 pm

Yeah Northern lights is like Kravitz without the Dr. Seuss huh?

• Mari
        May 14, 2010 | 7:49 pm

Yeah … and I really want to like Lenny Kravitz … I just can’t :\ … this however – oh hell yes.
        .-= Mari´s last blog ..Optimism sucks. =-.

4. Dipaola Momma (aka DiPM)
    May 14, 2010 | 7:15 pm

Wholly heck batgirl I LOVES them.. Number one is my favvvvv. They rocked it on Kimmel! Made it into my workout play list too. What the heck did I EVER do before your cool Momma?!

5. thepeachy1
    May 14, 2010 | 8:06 pm

Great Start to my weekend ! Thanks again your rockin momma

May 14, 2010 | 10:12 pm

looked forward to this while suffering through a long day at work… Loved all 5 seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!

funny story my 9 y/o sons to me the other day “what’s this song called?” I say “Pardon Me’ he says “what’s this song called?” I say “Pardon Me”… long pause… dimple-y smile… facepalm!!!

Mumford and Sons sold out here before I got tickets *sadfaceguy*

Is #5 Ozmatli?

Nive Fiver, Ri!!!

7. Aspiring
    May 15, 2010 | 1:01 am

Pardon Me? Did you say awesome rock? 😉

8. MisterLucky13
    May 15, 2010 | 1:17 am

1 – Really liked the riff, I will have to learn that one. Singer sad a little Stephen Tyler, a little Chris Robinson, harmonies on the chorus have a ‘Pour Some Sugar On Me’ vibe. The balance on the solo was a little odd. Like the Leslie speaker effect that comes in with about :30 left. Cool jam, like this one a lot!

2 – Like the NIN-ish industrial intro. Still listening. Vocals kinda droning and whiny. Heavy Television (Marquee Moon) guitar influence. Feels like it was recorded in many layers and mixed to perfection rather than a band in a room playing together. Not too bad but I will only remember the Tom Verlaine-esque guitar afterward.

3 – Sounds like a lost Herman’s Hermits track. Like the guitars but the singer sounds like he’s not even really trying. Not bad, could be on the next Austin Powers movie soundtrack.

4 – Woo, great intro. A little frantic but I like it more than most songs with banjo. Started losing interest with about 1:00, song could be trimmed a little but still nice to listen to.

5 – Naah… (unless something really interesting happened in the second half)

• MisterLucky13
      May 15, 2010 | 1:19 am

2nd sentence supposed to say “Singer HAD” (forehead slap)

9. Lisa
    May 15, 2010 | 11:07 pm

So, I listened to them all at work yesterday, and a bunch of times again today. Actually really liked them all. So glad you post these :)

10. Mickey
    April 28, 2016 | 9:11 am

As much respect (and support!) as I have for the President . . . can someone tell me when, in the 9 minute speech, the mention of LGBTs is?Thanks, (tegn-saviim) JCF.***RIP, Jamey. You left us too soon. We demand JUSTICE in your name!

11. car insurance quotes
    May 20, 2016 | 10:09 am

– I am not having the issue described. If you have any chrome flags enabled, try and disable them all and see if the problem re-occur. For me the 'Lifehacker' tab is taking 41.9 MB RAM (and counting…), the GPU Process 34.6 MB and Flash is taking 4.4 MB. 'Lifehacker' is taking 4K memory every 3 seconds. I don't know if this is a bug or not.

12. I do agree with all of the concepts you’ve presented on your post. They are very convincing and will certainly work. Nonetheless, the posts are incredibly short for starters. Could you please extend them a little from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

13. http://www./
    November 6, 2016 | 7:38 pm

hola que tal soi de la pampa y voi en moto hasta ushuaia, la idea es ir por la cordillera ruta 40 y el regreso por la costa, ahora bien la pregunta es?? en que estado se encuentra la ruta 40 para hacerlo en moto, les tengo q contar q mi moto es una 150 cc jaja si es muy chica para tan aventura por eso si me pudieran pasar info del estado de la ruta y de los vientos si son fuerte moderados y la direccion en que gralmente sopla, un abrazo para todosss y buenas rutasss

14. auto guenstigen kredit finanzieren privat
    February 7, 2017 | 11:29 am

Vasarā es vÄ“l varu visādi izpildÄ«ties, bet ziemā tā ir absolÅ«ta nepiecieÅ¡amÄ«ba. Ja neuzsmÄ“rÄ“ju kaut ko uz Ä·ermeņa ādas, tad izjÅ«tu reālu diskomfortu – to nejauko velkoÅ¡o sajÅ«tu.

15. hauskauf kredit bearbeitungsgebühr
    February 8, 2017 | 10:27 am

Ora aqui está uma ideia, já por mim defendida, aquando da critica feita ao projecto de Lei sobre a alienação do património. A ideia era a de ceder os edifícios por períodos razoáveis de tempo (por exemplo, 50 anos), por forma a que o investimento dos particulares fosse rentabilizado.Os edifícios estariam sujeitos a inventariação e não poderiam ser vilipendiados sob o ponto de vista arquitectónico. Seria obrigatório o restauro e as adaptações seriam acompanhadas por algum instituto como o IGESPAR.Ainda bem que há quem ande com os olhos abertos.