Friday Fiver: Volume 6

Okay, friends and neighbors!

You know the drill:  listen to these tunes and let the reviews fly in the comments – tell me what you like/love/hate/wonder/feel about the music.  Then tomorrow (or Sunday – it’s a Holiday Weekend) I’ll post the details about what you’re listening to…and my take.

Enjoy!

Track 1:

Track 2:

Track 3:

Track 4:

Track 5:

13 Responses to Friday Fiver: Volume 6
  1. Ash
    May 27, 2010 | 11:48 pm

I really loved #1… I thought about 20 seconds in it would start to bore me, but the lyrics are terrific and it kept me going the whole track.
    #2 – this is too obvious for me to comment on. I love it.
    #3 catchy, cute. But because I liked track one so much, it paled a little in comparison.
    #4 sounds really familiar… I wish I could put my ear on it, and can’t wait to find out if my hunch is right 😉
    #5 is really interesting. Very melodic and Iron Butterfly-esque. lol. My brother will love whoever this is, if he hasn’t already played this record for me – which may be why it also sounds familiar.

Good fiver.
    .-= Ash´s last blog ..ingrained… =-.

May 28, 2010 | 7:37 am

I have been WAITING for you to really put your .02 in on these Fiver songs! Yayyyyy, Ash is here! *clappity, clappity* 😀
      .-= Ri, the MSM´s last blog ..Friday Fiver: Volume 6 =-.

• Ash
        May 28, 2010 | 8:37 am

dibs on #2

that is all.

oh and i have a song for the next Fiver…

2. Mari
    May 28, 2010 | 12:16 am

1. Perfect. Fits my mood well.
    2. Makes me want to be in a tavern. Not a bar, a tavern. With an icy cold domestic, a pool table and some sketchy locals.
    3. Love the music. The vocals not so much.
    4. Love it. Want to hear this song driving down a country road at night in the summertime with the windows down and my arm hanging out said window.
    5. It was okay … but the CSN harmonies plus the mumbly bits just kind of lost me.

Most of these songs made my guitar-loving musical soul quite happy! :)
    .-= Mari´s last blog ..A Rainbow in the Dark =-.

May 28, 2010 | 7:36 am

Um, you’re going to want to be in that tavern with the sketchy locals even more after tomorrow. Trust me. 😉
      .-= Ri, the MSM´s last blog ..Friday Fiver: Volume 6 =-.

3. MisterLucky13
    May 28, 2010 | 12:48 am

1- Very nice. Reminds me of David Gray in parts.
    2- Cool tune. Like the pedal steel, lyrics nothing special, like the Telecaster in the right ear and pedal steel in the left, like the players are on opposite sides of the room. Fun
    3- Not my thing, sorta wimpy vocals, keep waiting for it to go somewhere.
    4- Cool intro, sorta Happy Mondays, kind of has that Manchester Beat thing that was big in the late 80’s. A little Gallagher brothers-ish. Favorite so far.
    5- Intro actually sounds a lot like a vocal break in a System of a Down song. Whoa, not enjoying this one at all. Way too self-aware, reminds me of a Spinal Tap parody from the ‘Listen to the Flower People’ era. Not digging this one. Other than decent guitar at the end, this is the opposite of what I like.

May 28, 2010 | 7:35 am

“reminds me of a Spinal Tap parody from the ‘Listen to the Flower People’ era.”

THIS, and coffee met keyboard. Bwahahahahaha! 😉
      .-= Ri, the MSM´s last blog ..Friday Fiver: Volume 6 =-.

• Mari
      May 29, 2010 | 12:43 am

Wow, dude – we almost agreed with each other this week!
      .-= Mari´s last blog ..A Rainbow in the Dark =-.

• MisterLucky13
        May 30, 2010 | 9:23 am

Wow, that means ONE of us has improved his/her (okay, her) musical taste in the last week! :)
        PS – Liked your Dio memory, nicely done.

4. thepeachy1
    May 28, 2010 | 9:11 pm

OK 1. awesome. 2. I swear that came from my dads bar room ( complete with sketchy locals who had bar tabs, yes tabs as in month to month tabs). Pool games and 2 stepping when we moved the 5 tables out of the way. wow that took me back.
    3. I like the music, the message but not nuts about the vocals on that one.
    4. took me to the 80’s when some groups were trying to channel the 60’s, I like it and could get behind that song if I played it enough and possibly drank.. then I would dance all Davey Jones style.
    5. reminds me very much of many of my UK musician friends. love it.

And there ya go, the above comments prove why your music savy and I am NOT, just a lover… THanks again for another great Friday 5.

May 28, 2010 | 10:37 pm

1. I first thought “what’s Ri doing with something so mainstream as Plain White T’s on her Friday Fiver?” notthatthere’sanythingwrongwiththat. Very Nice

2. Is that Colin? Love it… gotta go open a beer though!

3. This song was over before I formed an opinion… guess it was pleasant enough for me to not turn it off!!

4. Another I don’t know but feels familiar. Definitely would spend money on this! Total cool groove… the keyboards remind me of 60’s Doors/Strawberry Alarm Clock synthesizer-y-ness, with the added good part of the 80’s vibe, brought into 2010! Favorite of the 5!!!!

5. Jury’s still out… would be willing to give it another shot… but not in my mood tonight… heh heh. Trip to the bakery in order for that

6. katie v
    May 29, 2010 | 2:39 am

If you haven't already… play 'music critic' with @MusicSavvyMom 's Friday Fiver: Volume 6 http://bit.ly/b5g3Ph

7. thepeachy1
    May 30, 2010 | 4:58 pm

Hey are we getting a patriotic playlist for memorial day ??