Seriously. That’s the only explanation I can fathom as to why TWO of them (who to my knowledge don’t even know each other) gave me the same “Bloggy Award” this week!
*cue Twilight Zone music*
*nevermind, I’ll do it myself*
Yep, both the delightfully sweet Francophile, La Mere Joie of Ma Joie et Ma Vie and the irrepressibly awesome Sandi at Being Peachy each laid a “Versatile Blogger Award” on me last week. Immediately I went to Google to see if there was perhaps a massive fume leak over the Midwest, but no – these appear to have been voluntarily bestowed without coercion and not even while under the influence of unexpected chemical suggestion. Go me!
Now, considering that I’m rapidly approaching my first “blogoversary” and have not received ANY OTHER awards the entire time…I had adopted the “oh, AWARDS. Yeah, whatevs. Who needs THOSE?” attitude. (Y’know – like y’do. Same attitude I have about these things called “pitches” which the rest of you seem to get…)
Well, screw that. I got MAJOR warm fuzzies which I needed LOADS this week, and I loved it. Thanks so much, guys! You ROCK.
Now, of course, like everything ELSE in the world, this award comes with strings attached. (Yup. There’s ALWAYS a catch.) Evidently the “rules” state that I should:
1. Thank the Academy the Award-Givers. (done.)
2. I’m supposed to share seven things about myself. (Yeah, like there’s seven things y’all don’t know yet.)
3. This is where the directions get a lil’ fuzzy. One said I have to give this out to 15 other Bloggers, the other said “some”. So, I’m doing five. (Partly because I’m lazy. Mainly because I LOVE to make up my own rules.)
Okay – here goes nothing.
Stuff about me:
1. I think I need to go to Blog Starters Anonymous. Seriously – whenever I get a new idea, I buy the Domain Name and slap it up on my server. I have *gulp* twelve on there right now. Yup. They’re in various stages of “development”, but they are the reason I don’t sleep much. If you’d like to peek into the insanity that occasionally takes over my brain, check out Chasing Liam, Vacuity, You’ll Do (which was supposed to be anonymous, but I can’t keep my mouth shut), Family Fondue and Blogcognito. Those are at least sort of fit for company. The others are still not “decent”. 😉
2. Per above…I just started a new business. Like, um…TODAY, actually. (See Blogcognito for details.)
3. This ain’t my first marital rodeo…which I may have alluded to before but not directly. Yep – my past life was SOO different than now. I like to joke that if I’d have known myself then, I’d have kicked my own ass. I married an All American, football playing USNA Graduate Naval Officer at 21 and spent the next 12 years moving every 2 years and providing full time support for his Career. (He recently retired as a Navy Captain.) I was SUCH a Stepford Wife – threw perfect cocktail parties every Friday, routinely shopped and lunched with Admiral’s wives, was President of the Officer’s Wives’ Club, Chaired Scholarships and Charities like it was my job, decorated the house like the folks from Southern Living might show up any moment. (No kids – obviously.) And, I didn’t HATE it – I actually loved a big part of my Military “life”. But, I know now that I didn’t love my ex-husband, and never felt like I could truly be myself. Now, I couldn’t be happier with my life. Seriously – WHAT a difference!
4. I REALLY don’t like mustard.
5. I only have half a uterus, as discovered by my OB during my emergency C-Section with Liam. Now, THAT was a surprise…and explained why the poor kid came 7 weeks early. No more womb at the inn.
6. I can recite the entire Abbot and Costello “Who’s on First” routine – both parts – from memory.
7. In college I Majored in the History of Art, (specialization in Renaissance Architecture), Minored in English. The plan was to get a Master’s in Historic Preservation, move to Europe and curate some fantastic Cathedral. Then I married CAPT Wrong (See #3) and moved to Hawaii. Notsomuch Renaissance anything there. *sigh*
Dude. That was weird.
Okay, so now I’d like to pass this lovely award on to some folks, in no particular order.
Now, buds: omission of your name on this list does NOT mean that I don’t still love you more than my luggage. It just means that, well…I can count to five. 😉 Plus, people already KNOW how much I love you, and how wonderful I think you are. So, today I’m spreading the love to some totally unsuspecting folks who may or may not have any idea that I read their blogs at all.
(Probably because I suck at commenting. That was a huge admission. Y’all should seriously not emulate me in that respect – especially when you’re here. Just sayin’…)
But, these people make me laugh, or cry, or think or feel. And they should know it. And you should, too.
Yoga Ninja Mama at A Near Life Experience.
xoxoxoxo! Love, Ri