The Fivers: They’re BAAACK!

So, I’ve been listening to some music.  Mostly new – either not out yet or just barely.  And, I got all misty and nostalgic for the Friday Fivers.  Plus, Mari sort of shamed me into it

For those of you who’ve not yet had the pleasure, here’s the deal:

I post five tracks  totally blind.  No artist or title info. (I used to do them on Fridays, because I like alliteration…but that was to limiting.  So, now I’ll do them whenever. Cause I can.)

I don’t try to make a cohesive mix; don’t care about the flow.  I just throw them up here sorta like I get them from the music PR folks or stumble across them myself – totally random.

You listen, then get your Music Critic on in the comments – tell me what you think.  Then, tomorrow, I’ll post the song info, artist details and MY two cents.  Fun is generally had by all, and you may even find a new artist you love – BEFORE their CD comes out.

(You’re welcome. ;))

Track 1:

Track 2:

Track 3:

Track 4:

Track 5:

7 Responses to The Fivers: They’re BAAACK!
  1. Tiff Hill-Patterson
    October 15, 2010 | 3:31 am

RT @MusicSavvyMom: New MSM post: The Fivers: They’re BAAACK! http://goo.gl/fb/nUIIW #celebritieswholovemeorsoonwill

2. Melisa
    October 15, 2010 | 3:36 am

October 15, 2010 | 8:11 am

#1 at first reminded me of “Cold as Ice”… then it moved into a little bit Blue Man Group feel.. I had hope… but in reality I couldn’t listen to even two minutes. did not love

#2 loved this one!!! it was kinda Jeffrey Lewis meets OCMS in 2010. Great rhymes with bluegrass music= fun times

#3 not sure if this one or #2 is my favorite of the 5. it’s kinda Justin Nozuka or Paulo Nutini -ish

#4 This one was okay. I was thrown back to 1998-1999 where maybe I liked an N*Sync song but wouldn’t tell you. little Boy Band-y

#5 I was surprised at how much I liked this one! There’s a familar quality to it that I can’t but my finger on… way more techno-y than I normally like… but would actually spend $ on this

Maybe I should start a rating system with “$” haha!!

Thanks so much Ri!!! I have missed these! and hearing from you

4. Mari
    October 15, 2010 | 9:25 am

1. First impression: it’s a little bit Ross from Friends working on his music. Then I loved it. Love bluesy jams!
    2. First impression: a bit of Yes. Second impression: a bit of silly. Third impression: breakfast of champions. Good and fun romp!
    3. First impression: a little Cat Stevens. Second impression: Biz Markie gone country (Oh baby you! You got what I need!). Third impression: nice and floaty.
    4. First impression: A little old-school. Second impression: melodicand likeable.
    5. First impression: hmm. Second impression: hmm. Third impression: not for me.
    Mari´s last blog post ..Friday Fiver Yeah I totally stole that

5. Lisa
    October 15, 2010 | 2:13 pm

#1….hmm. Not so much my taste.
    #2…cracked me up! Who doesn’t want whiskey for breakfast? Maybe it’s not so good that I can relate.
    #3….sigh. Love, love, love. He’s my next husband, you know. I’ll totally fight you for him Ri.
    #4…meh. Sounds like something I’d hear in a store and bop my head to but completely forget about later.
    #5…not so much.
    BUT…I’ll just keep listening to #3. Makes it all good.
    Lisa´s last blog post ..Chicken soup for the soul- indeed

6. Aspiring
    October 15, 2010 | 5:02 pm

TRACK #3 You are responsible for changing my “Music Life!” OMG. I LOVE this song and JOSHUA RADIN!

• Aspiring