Why is the rum gone?

Has it really been TEN DAYS since I posted here?  Whew.  Time sure flies when you’re…well, it flies no matter what you’re doing.

By way of explanation, however, I’ll offer up as a feeble excuse the fact that last week was the lead-in to Halloween.  The costume of choice this year was Cap’n Jack Sparrow…and naturally, being the psycho control freak that I am, I couldn’t be bothered to just BUY one…no, I had to MAKE one.  As I never use patterns and generally refuse to admit that I don’t really know how to sew, this can sometimes prove to be way more time consuming than you’d think.

Add to that the fact that my Sister in Law Megan came out to visit (and so I had to do some pseudo-cleaning…y’know, just to take the top layer of dust off…) and that I’m re-designing a couple websites and VIOLA.  You have a week that whizzed by me like a cow in a Kansas twister.

The kiddo has today and tomorrow off from school for Parent-Teacher conferences.  (Ours is this morning.  Can’t wait. Bracing myself with a shot in my coffee.) Hopefully by Wednesday things will be back to normal around here. 😉

10 Responses to Why is the rum gone?
  1. C Lo
    November 1, 2010 | 12:00 pm

SO CUTE OMG!!!!!!!!!
    C Lo´s last blog post ..30 Days of Truth- Day 17

2. Lisa
    November 1, 2010 | 12:44 pm

Slacker :) You know what, though, you could start another blog about Halloweenie costumes because he is one kick ass Jack Sparrow!
    Lisa´s last blog post ..Oprah was right

3. Elly Lou
    November 1, 2010 | 12:50 pm

So did the captain drink up all yer rum or did ye use it all up in this mornin’s coffee?
    Elly Lou´s last blog post ..Uke Shook Me All Night Long

4. Nivedita
    November 26, 2014 | 4:02 pm

Hi, i will like to try this reicpe..for a candy bar, do you know if you can make this reicpe with days ahead and if will stay fresh.[] Reply:December 10th, 2012 at 9:06 PMYes, a few days in advance is fine. Just store it in a zipper bag. []

5. Gabrielly
    March 2, 2015 | 4:28 pm

Interesting response to Elly’s post. However the cactahrerization of bicycling as rich yuppie types in the U.S., I think is overstated by many. Income class status of cyclists is roughly pretty evenly split from studies I have seen. Sure there are rich yuppie types riding, but more often I see those folks driving a Prius. In Santa Monica California where I’m at, I see just as many day laborers on beater used mountain bikes as I do roadies on $3000 bikes, and everything in-between.I think the bigger economic hurdle, that translates into gender disparity, is the lack of conveniently close services needed for day to day life in many areas in the U.S., and the tendency for women to be saddled with a lot of the errand running and trip chaining that is more difficult by bike when services are not close. This seems to be supported in Tom Vanderbilt’s book Traffic, which looks at driving behavior in America, and points out woman make more varieties of smaller and more frequent car trips than men. By economy I do not view that to mean just literal money with which to buy a bike, but time value, and how much unpaid work women do that costs time.

6. Elvadicka
    April 4, 2015 | 9:44 pm

Good points, eapiceslly on gender and time disparity. On the class/cyclist issue, I think those are actually three distinct groups of cyclists who have different needs and do it for different reasons. The ones biking in the city who want to ride are the yuppie types I was referring to who are biking as a lifestyle choice. The day laborers are more likely captive users who would probably rather be driving a BMW but can’t afford one and the roadies are probably recreational cyclists who ride 40 miles on the weekend outside of the city. They’re not all just cyclists . The ones that have historically gotten the most attention are the recreational cyclists on the $3000 bikes. The ones who are now getting all the attention are the urban yuppies (eg, why are all of New York’s bike lanes in Park Slope and lower Manhattan?). The needs of captive users are often overlooked, is my guess.

• Kristy
      April 28, 2016 | 2:00 pm

well, it’s pretty much priced in even in nov/dec 08. the fwd curve at that moment for mar09 is already over 2500. if one insetved in BDI back then, they didn’t really made much money at all.

November 13, 2016 | 6:58 pm

Soledad:Des fonctionnaires c… cela existe et existera toujours, complexe de supériorité d’un minable qui veut jouer au chef , à qui on a donné des pouvoirs. Il y a la loi et la lettre ; notre fille française , restée en France , née en France de parents français a dû accourir à un tribunal pour obtenir son passeport , un fonctionnaire « zélé » ayant fait obstacle pendant un an. La raison ? aucune … si, je suis alsacien avec un nom « alsacien ».La connerie est le facteur commun des fonctionnaires français.

7. auto insurance quotes Houston
    April 14, 2015 | 2:59 pm

My Aunt cut my bangs ONCE. She accidentally nipped my eyelid and we both freaked out. I still have the scar even though it was just a minor cut. She later had two girls but has NEVER CUT HAIR AGAIN. However, I would still say do it yourself if it’s just bangs, but please be careful.

8. Lore
    April 28, 2016 | 2:00 am

Càng ngày càng không hiểu gì, và càng ngày càng kinh tởm =.=Em không thích Ä‘“ná»g tính tí nào, nhìn mà kinh dị.