No, I’m not talking about in a video game when you’ve completed a level and can go back through it. No, I’m not talking about when a hooker forgets to charge you. No, I’m not talking about getting into “Much Ado About Nothing” at your community theater without paying.
I’m talking about taking the day off. After this post, no more computer-ing for me for the duration. (Well, I may check my phone, but ixnay on the aptoplay…) Nope, I’m heading out into the fresh air with Liam, running the errands I’ve put off to stay in and work, having lunch out and generally ditching any internet/writing/sales related responsibilities until tomorrow. Totally playing hooky. Totally playing “free”.
So naturally, I required a soundtrack. No rhyme or reason. No cool factor. Nothing edgy. Free of thought or planning or contrivance.Randomly grabbed for playing with the wind through my hair and a smile on my face…because I need it.
Enjoy, and have a great day, too!!
(Just hit play and let ‘er roll – tracks are as listed below)
- Threadbare Gypsy Soul – Pat Green and Willie Nelson
- Can’t Get There From Here – REM
- A Thousand Beautiful Things – Annie Lennox
- The Ones With The Light – Joshua Radin
- Spirit in the Sky – Jason Mraz
- New Slang – The Shins
- Don’t Be Shy – Cat Stevens
- Our House – CSNY
- Electric Worry – Clutch
- That’s The Way That The World Goes Round – John Prine
- Even Flow – Pearl Jam
- Love My Way – Psychedelic Furs
- Domino – Van Morrison
- Rock Me On The Water – Jackson Browne