Music Shuffle – Personal Therapist Edition

Because really – I’ve BEEN to therapy.

And I’m pretty sure that in my case, the money would have been better spent on music.

(It does, afterall, “hath charms to sooth the savage breast”.  Yes, I said “breast”, not “beast”.  Read your Congreve, people – really.)

So anyway, as I find myself in yet ANOTHER funk (because that’s just what happens to us incredibly creative yet modest types), I’ve again turned to my trusty music collection for comfort and analysis.  I Googled “general questions asked in therapy”…and came upon a list from this site. Seemed as good as any, so I “asked” each question to my music library, then hit “shuffle” for the answer.

Fascinating insights…and, I’ll be damned if I don’t feel better already!

(Try it.  Then, go spend that $150 you saved on a nice lunch and a few new CD’s.  You’re welcome. :))

If you play along, post below or link up!

xoxo

Ri

————————————————–

Music Shuffle – Personal Therapist Edition

1.  What brings you here?

What’s Left of the Flag – Flogging Molly

2.  Have you ever seen a counselor before?

Tom Sawyer – Rush  (Just shut it right now, haters.  Geddy Lee ROCKS.)

3.  What is the problem from your viewpoint?

Why Don’t You Get a Job? – The Offspring

4.  How does this problem typically make you feel?

Back of the Bus – G. Love

5.  What makes the problem better?

I Want a Little Sugar in My Bowl – Nina Simone

Swear to cheeses – this is what actually came up.

6.  If you could wave a magic wand, what positive change would you make happen in your life?

Reeling in the Years – Steely Dan

(Again, haters, I say SHHHH.  I’m lookin’ at you, Mari.)

7. Overall, how would you describe your mood?

Penance Fire Blues – Bobby Long

Dude – this is such a good song.  Love.

8.  What do you expect from the counseling process?

Add it Up – The Violent Femmes

Bwah!

9.  What would it take to make you feel more contented, happier, more satisfied?

She Will Be Loved – Maroon 5

Well, I feel very loved.  But more never hurts…;)

10.  Do you consider yourself to have a low, average or high interpersonal IQ?

Oxford Comma – Vampire Weekend

11.  And of course, the standard last question – what did you think was accomplished in this session?

Where I Lead Me – Townes Van Zandt

(Friggin’ PERFECT choice!  “…just keep it loose, don’t get excited, you know it’s gonna pass before long…”)

—————————————————

(Disclaimer:  Therapy is actually a very good thing, and incredibly helpful in many, many instances.  I’m just kidding around.  Sheese.)

29 Responses to Music Shuffle – Personal Therapist Edition
  1. Mari
    September 13, 2011 | 7:46 pm

Love. Except the Steely Dan. Especially the Rush (Geddy Lee totally DOES rule!)

• Mari
      September 14, 2011 | 11:18 am

PS I totally stole this & put it on my blog.

2. Anonymous
    September 14, 2011 | 9:02 am

Okay, I’ll play… (btw The Offspring was perfect) *snerk*

What brings you here?
    Ever Fallen in Love with Someone ~ The Buzzcocks

Have you seen a counselor before?
    Perfect Circle ~ REM

What is the problem from your point of view?
    Crosstown Traffic ~ Jimi Hendrix

How does this problem typically make you feel?
    Holiday ~ Madonna (shut it)

What makes the problem better?
    Thousands are Sailing ~ The Pogues

If you could wave a magic wand…?
    Baby, You’re a Rich Man ~ The Beatles (okay, I skipped The Cure’s Wrong Number)

Overall, how would you describe your mood?
    Joy and Blues ~ Ziggy Marley (Niiiiice!)

What do you expect from the counseling process?
    Be Your Fool ~ The Happen-Ins

What would it take to make you feel more contented….?
    Everyday People ~ Sly and the Family Stone

Do you consider yourself to have low, medium, or high interpersonal IQ?
    Loser ~ Grateful Dead (oh crap, really?)

What do you think was accomplished in this session?
    Make Believe Mambo ~ David Byrne

That was fun, Ri. Funny how some were perfect

• oh_pook
      September 14, 2011 | 9:03 am

Oh whoops ^^^^^that was me

3. Ann
    September 14, 2011 | 10:52 am

sound goods and motivating for people who will have a therapist
    Ann´s last blog post ..Does The Kindle 2 Mark The End Of Books?

• Stormy
      April 28, 2016 | 8:44 am

Hallo Elli, schön, dass du dich für REIM!X inetitssrerse. Über weitere Kommentare und Anregungen würden sich die Illustratoren und ich sehr freuen. Gruß Sean

• car insurance quotes
      May 15, 2016 | 8:57 pm

In the complicated world we live in, it’s good to find simple solutions.

June 19, 2016 | 10:08 pm

A eu gostaria de prova desse cacete grande que este rafael tem parebens espero que ganhe e que ele esteja em revista pelado mais outras vezes so assim eu irei comprar

July 7, 2016 | 8:52 pm

I so agree with you…She is THE Golden Girl. She was the one to set the bar high for model's to come. I also admire her for what she did outside of modeling. She was one of the first to go to countries, where one dare to go and not only go…Gave of herself and monies. To make this world a lot better. Another great post!!

July 13, 2016 | 5:27 am

dit :The Absent Game…Concerning me and my husband we’ve owned more MP3 players over the years than I can count, such as Sansas, iRivers, iPods (common & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the last few a long time I’ve settled down to one line of gamers….

July 20, 2016 | 12:14 pm

He’s have less confidence, and i’m from advice for him,He does not wish to change for anyone while he is simply too ‘lazy’ and that he already knows he is able to change.He lately got left and it is very torn.I’d like top tips or help to cope with this case

• 3 wege kredit auto
      October 22, 2016 | 11:44 am

my great grandfather made. When the family asked for the recipe he would refuse to give it to him says it was a poor mans meal. we have been looking for the recipe ever since. would you know where i can find the recipe

October 23, 2016 | 4:58 am

Have to admit I’m with rpg. Sorry, sorry. I avoid Oxford commas myself.In the end neither one really matters, I guess. One thing you do want is to be consistent with whatever house style you adopt.(One thing I am confusing myself no end with is different quoting styles and how the different styles cope with nested quotations. Hmm. Let’s hope that doesn’t start another round…)

4. Samantha
    September 21, 2011 | 8:20 am

Its motivating sounds good.I feel relaxed listening music.Thank you for the blog.
    Samantha´s last blog post ..italian chandeliers

5. Linda
    September 27, 2011 | 4:48 am

haha. Interesting background music. I like the Irish touch in it. They are actually very fun to listen to. They don’t help with the relaxation though..but I am sure they’ll distract me from my problems.
    Linda´s last blog post ..online dating book

• Becky
      April 28, 2016 | 9:34 am

Great quote, but I'm skeptical about Jimmy making the logical connection. I'm pretty sure he'll still be a confirmed and ardent hoepcyhangeophile. The Hollywood oligarchs can't conceive of thigs devolving here to the extent that it would impinge on their "creative integrity", let alone their pocketbooks. He'll write this off to an insufficient levle of world-regarding sensitivity and multiculturalism on his part. No doubt as a result of all his years spent here, away from his native Canuckistan. It's really our fault, you see.

• auto insurance
      May 20, 2016 | 10:21 am

Soyons clair. L’obscurantisme n’est pas l’apannage des conservateurs americains. Toutes les cultures ont leurs problemes et leurs aberrations.Ce que je ne comprends pas c’est que l’on juge les cultures occidentales sur un registre different des cultures non-occidentales.On accepte en silence le sacrifice des chevaux en asie centrale, mais on denonce violamment quand une candidate a la vice-presidence est anti-avorterment.

June 7, 2016 | 5:10 am

For an alien race that supposedly sent Jesus to save humanity they have an odd sense of honoring him. I’m refering to that gigantic head in the cave — the alien idol. Clearly, the ‘engineers’ have created a ‘human’ race that turned their worship away from their idol and on to, in their perception, just another human being. Now, let’s get down to the nasty. Suppose the carbon dating-type test came back with a reading of 400 years? Suppose this movie may have never been released??????

• miles & more kreditkarte reiserücktritt
      October 19, 2016 | 11:05 am

Hey. Self-same cool website!! Guy .. Striking .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your website and assume the feeds additionally…I’m pleased to attain frequent helpful information right at this point surrounded by the article. Be grateful you for sharing…

October 19, 2016 | 12:42 pm

Pues yo aún tengo algunas EX que se las puede denominar así con las que no he cortado,simplemente he dejado de llamarla y hasta que se han dado por aludidas,no soy mucho de escenitas de despedidas y lloriqueos lastimeros,así que cuando algo no va lo mejor que puedes hacer es como el personaje desaparecer,quizás así sea feliz o mejor aún quizás así lo sea yo…..

• Et ne connaissant pas jusqu’ici les particularités du chantier dont vous parliez, la lecture du commentaire d’Epsilon conforte maintenant un peu plus l’opinion première que je m’étais faite de votre réaction.

November 15, 2016 | 5:38 am

La croix, c’est le signe de la victoire du Christ et de salut pour tous ceux qui l’invoquent, et de la défaite cuisante du diable. L’aversion de ceux qui veulent faire disparaître ce symbole de nos terres montre quel est l’esprit qui anime nos dirigeants politiques… Idem pour les marchés de Noël qu’on rebaptise marchés d’hiver ou encore le sapin de Noël de Bruxelles que les autorités veulent renommer « structure électronique ».

December 30, 2016 | 8:25 am

Nicely done. I was born in Coral Gables, FL in 74 and we went to Orlando in 75 where I currently live to this day and I do remember vaguely visiting the Citrus Tower as a child. I remember hearing tales of how you could see Citrus Trees as far as the eye could see. Thanks for posting this.

6. Maricel Smith
    September 28, 2011 | 10:49 am

These is something new to me. I enjoy all the background music while reading your post.
    Maricel Smith´s last blog post ..Lottery System

September 28, 2011 | 11:42 pm

I love all your Spambots LOL

8. click
    October 13, 2017 | 3:12 am

Having read this I believed it was extremely informative.
    I appreciate you finding the time and energy to put this article together.
    I once again find myself personally spending a significant amount
    of time both reading and posting comments. But so what, it was still worth it!
    click´s last blog post ..click

9. source
    October 18, 2017 | 10:38 am

It’s impressive that you are getting thoughts from this
    piece of writing as well as from our dialogue made at this place.
    source´s last blog post ..source

10. download
    November 2, 2017 | 11:24 am

Admiring the commitment you put into your website and detailed information you
    offer. It’s nice to come across a blog every once
    in a while that isn’t the same out of date rehashed information. Wonderful read!
    I’ve saved your site and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google
    account.
    download´s last blog post ..download

11. click
    November 14, 2017 | 6:25 am

What’s up colleagues, its wonderful paragraph regarding cultureand completely defined, keep it up all the time.
    click´s last blog post ..click